FM2 CPU

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

To conclusion, 860K is the most-OK to use on FM2/FM2+ board?

yup the best CPU from AMD currently

and even beats the FX 8 core

http://www.overclock.net/t/1522956/860k-preliminary-results-vs-8320

Any FM2/FM2+ CPUs that are good for a budget build? I was gonna go with A8-5600K, but someone suggested getting Athlon X4 760K or 860K. Anything else aside from those 2, because I can't seem to find those CPUs here in Manila, and if I ship it from other countries, it would end up the Athlons become more expensive because of shipping fees than getting an A8 here. Here are the specs of my budget build:

MOBO - MSI A78-G41 PCMate ($70) [bought]
GPU - Sapphire R9 270 2GB ($172)
RAM - Kingston Hyper-X 4GB 1600GHz ($45)
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 80GB ($10) [bought it as a used item]
PSU - EVGA-500B 500W [80+ Bronze] ($44)
Chassis - Cooler Master N300 ($50)
*Chassis Fan - 5x Deepcool XFan 120mm ($18) + 2 pre-installed Sickle Flow 120mm

Spoiler

do you already have the motherboard?

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

If you already have the motherboard, the X4 860k is the best option, and really the only option that makes sense with what's out there.

If you don't already have the motherboard, what is your full budget for the build? You can get an i5 and R9 270 combo for around $500 USD, and that's a great budget oriented build. I'd only ever go FM2+ if I had a budget of like $300 USD.

Any FM2/FM2+ CPUs that are good for a budget build? I was gonna go with A8-5600K, but someone suggested getting Athlon X4 760K or 860K. Anything else aside from those 2, because I can't seem to find those CPUs here in Manila, and if I ship it from other countries, it would end up the Athlons become more expensive because of shipping fees than getting an A8 here. Here are the specs of my budget build:

MOBO - MSI A78-G41 PCMate ($70) [bought]

GPU - Sapphire R9 270 2GB ($172)

RAM - Kingston Hyper-X 4GB 1600GHz ($45)

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 80GB ($10) [bought it as a used item]

PSU - EVGA-500B 500W [80+ Bronze] ($44)

Chassis - Cooler Master N300 ($50)

*Chassis Fan - 5x Deepcool XFan 120mm ($18) + 2 pre-installed Sickle Flow 120mm

what is your total budget and do you have  a website we can help you select parts ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

A8-5600k works fine. An X4 would be better, but the 5600k maxes out games at 1080p (with an R9 280X)

what is your total budget and do you have  a website we can help you select parts ?

feel free to use pcpartpicker since we don't have a stable market price in the Philippines. (we have a lot of stores that sells overpriced than the other stores)

Spoiler

Well, since you're in a weird market and we can't really build an exact build for you, here is what I would do:

CPU: X4 860k. There is no alternative. It's a newer generation from the X4 750k so it has newer architecture and significantly better performance than the 750k, and it's significantly cheaper than an APU, which will usually suffer the same comparison as the 750k anyway.

Motherboard: you've already bought it, and I'm assuming it works with the X4 860k. it's an FM2+, not an FM2, right?

Ram: the cheapest single stick of 4GB you can find. Timings and speed don't matter. It doesn't even have to have a heat sink. If you have spare cash, up it to 8GB, but this isn't necessary off the bat so long as you close programs before opening new ones, and don't game with your browser open.

HDD: Either a Seagate Barracuda 1TB or a Western Digital Blue 1TB, whichever is cheaper.

GPU: Whatever the cheapest version of the R9 270 is you can get your hands on. There is basically no variation between the different brands since basically ALL of the R9 270s can overclock to 1050MHz, which is the max speed catalyst allows, so unless you want a different OC utility, there's basically no difference.

PSU: Either the EVGA 430B, EVGA 500B, Corsair CX430, or Corsair CX500, whichever is the cheapest among the 4. Really doesn't make a difference as 430W is more than enough power for the build. It's just sometimes the 500B is cheaper than the 430B, no idea why.

Case: NZXT Source 210, Zalman Z3 Plus, Rosewill Challenger, Fractal Design Core 3300, Corsair 200R, get whichever is cheapest and/or suits your tastes if you have the cash to spare. The Z3 Plus, if available, usually will be the best cooling for the price, however that's subject to change depending on area.

feel free to use pcpartpicker since we don't have a stable market price in the Philippines. (we have a lot of stores that sells overpriced than the other stores)

here is a build I made for ye...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Micro Center)

Memory: Team Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($63.97 @ OutletPC)

Storage: A-Data Premier SP610 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card  ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 350 ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply  ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $532.80

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-18 23:54 EST-0500

Base Total: $562.80   Mail-in Rebates: -$30.00   Total: $532.80

PSU is part of the case

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well, since you're in a weird market and we can't really build an exact build for you, here is what I would do:

CPU: X4 860k. There is no alternative. It's a newer generation from the X4 750k so it has newer architecture and significantly better performance than the 750k, and it's significantly cheaper than an APU, which will usually suffer the same comparison as the 750k anyway.

Motherboard: you've already bought it, and I'm assuming it works with the X4 860k. it's an FM2+, not an FM2, right?

Ram: the cheapest single stick of 4GB you can find. Timings and speed don't matter. It doesn't even have to have a heat sink. If you have spare cash, up it to 8GB, but this isn't necessary off the bat so long as you close programs before opening new ones, and don't game with your browser open.

HDD: Either a Seagate Barracuda 1TB or a Western Digital Blue 1TB, whichever is cheaper.

GPU: Whatever the cheapest version of the R9 270 is you can get your hands on. There is basically no variation between the different brands since basically ALL of the R9 270s can overclock to 1050MHz, which is the max speed catalyst allows, so unless you want a different OC utility, there's basically no difference.

PSU: Either the EVGA 430B, EVGA 500B, Corsair CX430, or Corsair CX500, whichever is the cheapest among the 4. Really doesn't make a difference as 430W is more than enough power for the build. It's just sometimes the 500B is cheaper than the 430B, no idea why.

Case: NZXT Source 210, Zalman Z3 Plus, Rosewill Challenger, Fractal Design Core 3300, Corsair 200R, get whichever is cheapest and/or suits your tastes if you have the cash to spare. The Z3 Plus, if available, usually will be the best cooling for the price, however that's subject to change depending on area.

Feel free to change everything except for these:

Case - I'm sticking to Cooler Master N300

PSU - EVGA 500B

GPU - R9 270

HDD - Well, anything 1TB that is cheaper than the other is good

And I'm building an AMD rig because I find it cheaper. So basically, any other options than 760/860 or A8-5600K is open

Spoiler

Feel free to change everything except for these:

Case - I'm sticking to Cooler Master N300

PSU - EVGA 500B

GPU - R9 270

HDD - Well, anything 1TB that is cheaper than the other is good

And I'm building an AMD rig because I find it cheaper. So basically, any other options than 760/860 or A8-5600K is open

Amazon should have stock with FM2+ CPUs

i dont see the point of swapping the mobo which you have bought

and also pointless to get the APU when you are planning to get a 270

8GB RAM is the minimum these days, 4GB is still doable but Windows alone takes up to 2GB of RAM

for HDD, look at the Seagate Baracuda or WD Blue

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Amazon should have stock with FM2+ CPUs

i dont see the point of swapping the mobo which you have bought

and also pointless to get the APU when you are planning to get a 270

8GB RAM is the minimum these days, 4GB is still doable but Windows alone takes up to 2GB of RAM

for HDD, look at the Seagate Baracuda or WD Blue

MOBO - I've been liking it since I bought it, and planning to go for a black/blue theme.

RAM - can't afford anything more, unless I do part-time work and full-time student. Kingston HyperX is the one I can afford with its blue-colored heatsink.

HDD - In 1 store here, WD is cheaper by $1. In another store [2590-2650 converted to US$], Seagate is cheaper by $20 [3030-3950 converted to US$]

Spoiler

MOBO - I've been liking it since I bought it, and planning to go for a black/blue theme.

RAM - can't afford anything more, unless I do part-time work and full-time student. Kingston HyperX is the one I can afford with its blue-colored heatsink.

HDD - In 1 store here, WD is cheaper by $1. In another store [2590-2650 converted to US$], Seagate is cheaper by $20 [3030-3950 converted to US$]

I will say pick the cheapest HDD you can find from either brand

see what is the cheapest 8GB RAM you can find

single stick is fine for now

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

hold on since am a good dude here I used this website you had in your previous post and here is the specs and what not.....so here is the build !! I had to change some things in order to fit the budget but this should be good enough ^~^

CF4QYgV.jpg

grand total is  ₱23,850.00  equalish to 535.41$

goddamnit lol I forgot you purchased a bloody mobo in the first place.............

but what ever forget about the mobo and cpu on the list then

Edited by Ramamataz

yup the best CPU from AMD currently

and even beats the FX 8 core

http://www.overclock.net/t/1522956/860k-preliminary-results-vs-8320

yes it works.....