Need A Custom Loop

Hello!

I am going to be doing a custom loop and am really new to it.I have a $900 budget, will be building with my specs in a Phanteks Enthoo Primo. I would like everything included with fans. 

Here are the musts- 

1. Waterblock for - CPU, GPU, VRM/NB, South Bridge, RAM.

2. Dual 480mm rads.

3. Colors, Black is first priority, red is ok.

4. EK preferred.

Thanks!

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Why do you want to get blocks for everything other than the cpu and gpu?

Why do you want to get blocks for everything other than the cpu and gpu?

Looks. Want something cool...

Thanks!

So EK only has blocks for RAM, CPU, and GPU. Nothing else for your motherboard.

You're not gonna be able to fit 2x 480 rads in there im pretty sure... Also since this is your first loop i strongly advise against cooling mobo + ram. Its completely unnecessary and just a pain with routing and tons of fittings.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You're not gonna be able to fit 2x 480 rads in there im pretty sure...

Phantkes website  -

Front
Up to 240
-
Up to 480
Up to 420
Side (w/o HDD cages)
Up to 240
-
Rear
Bottom
Up to 480
Up to 280

-

Yeah i saw that i just wasnt sure that you could fit two 480 simultaneously but it actually looks like you can so nvm that :)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

spend it on another gpu :)

I am inheriting a i7 4790k, maximus vii fromula and 2 more lighnings, Im good :)

I am inheriting a i7 4790k, maximus vii fromula and 2 more lighnings, Im good :)

ahh, nice! I have the formula and the 4790k, love them both so much :)

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TBNRunity/saved/#savedbuild_1797964

Naa I got money to burn :)

^ This is the only excusable situation for water cooling your Ram/motherboard. xD I'm jealous you got the Primo! I feel like I should have gotten that instead of the Luxe, just to throw some more rads in there xD

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

^ This is the only excusable situation for water cooling your Ram/motherboard. xD I'm jealous you got the Primo! I feel like I should have gotten that instead of the Luxe, just to throw some more rads in there xD

Well but shouldnt be the 600mm effective rad be enough for your needs? How low can you run your fans to be at a comfortable delta?

I also agree on 'burning spare money' beignt he only valid reason to argue for MoBo and RAM cooling... The fittings alone X-x If he's really fancy on burning money he should get one fo those watercooling HDD-Cages xD

Well but shouldnt be the 600mm effective rad be enough for your needs? How low can you run your fans to be at a comfortable delta?

I also agree on 'burning spare money' beignt he only valid reason to argue for MoBo and RAM cooling... The fittings alone X-x If he's really fancy on burning money he should get one fo those watercooling HDD-Cages xD

Well I could add a rad to the back of my case, 120mm and 140 are available. However honestly I thought I wouldn't need the cooling, I have a 360 and a 240. Money isn't the issue, I could easily add another rad in the back. However it getting a bit crowded already. Just because the case supports the rads doesn't mean they will work great all together. I have the ports for my top 360 rad near the back of the case. Having even a thing 120/140 rad in the back with a fan would block the fittings. Even if I bought some 90 degree angle fittings it would still be extremely tight, and might not even work tbh. I can't flip the rad around and have the top rad ports at the front either, due to my HDD being there and some other drives. If I had the Primo it would have been easier. Accommodating a smaller rad into the loop is just a pain in the ass tbh. If I had the primo I would have a huge rad in the top, and the bottom, and maybe a 240 in the front. Currently I have a 240 and a 360, which is probably enough for my needs. CPU/GPU. I haven't set it up yet (waiting on GPU block, almost arrived from EK) so I'm excited to see the temps. If I had just spend the extra cash on the primo, I could have threw an extra larger rad in there for looks and extra thermal headroom (even tho I probably don't need it). Plus my main issue with this case is that I am not using a pump/rad combo, would have been better for this case. I'm using separate pump / res and finding a good spot for my pump was tricky..there is lots of space in the front of the case but I have a 240mm rad and fans there. Anyways, I got a good setup it was tricky but I did it. Res leads directly to pump and it fits ok, had to drill a couple holes in the bottom of the case to mount the pump as it had to be at a slight angle. Anyways, if I could go back and do it again I would go Primo, only $100 more bucks and just would give me the extra room I needed. I got my Luxe to work alright just fine, it just ended up being a hassle! At the end of the day though, I'm happy with my setup, had to re tube the pump/res setup a couple times, but it's great now with no restricted flow. 

P.S. I just realize I typed a wall of text, sorry lol.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Well I could add a rad to the back of my case, 120mm and 140 are available. However honestly I thought I wouldn't need the cooling, I have a 360 and a 240. Money isn't the issue, I could easily add another rad in the back. However it getting a bit crowded already. Just because the case supports the rads doesn't mean they will work great all together. I have the ports for my top 360 rad near the back of the case. Having even a thing 120/140 rad in the back with a fan would block the fittings. Even if I bought some 90 degree angle fittings it would still be extremely tight, and might not even work tbh. I can't flip the rad around and have the top rad ports at the front either, due to my HDD being there and some other drives. If I had the Primo it would have been easier. Accommodating a smaller rad into the loop is just a pain in the ass tbh. If I had the primo I would have a huge rad in the top, and the bottom, and maybe a 240 in the front. Currently I have a 240 and a 360, which is probably enough for my needs. CPU/GPU. I haven't set it up yet (waiting on GPU block, almost arrived from EK) so I'm excited to see the temps. If I had just spend the extra cash on the primo, I could have threw an extra larger rad in there for looks and extra thermal headroom (even tho I probably don't need it). Plus my main issue with this case is that I am not using a pump/rad combo, would have been better for this case. I'm using separate pump / res and finding a good spot for my pump was tricky..there is lots of space in the front of the case but I have a 240mm rad and fans there. Anyways, I got a good setup it was tricky but I did it. Res leads directly to pump and it fits ok, had to drill a couple holes in the bottom of the case to mount the pump as it had to be at a slight angle. Anyways, if I could go back and do it again I would go Primo, only $100 more bucks and just would give me the extra room I needed. I got my Luxe to work alright just fine, it just ended up being a hassle! At the end of the day though, I'm happy with my setup, had to re tube the pump/res setup a couple times, but it's great now with no restricted flow. 

P.S. I just realize I typed a wall of text, sorry lol.

Wall fo text certainly is welcome actually! I like to read em! I'm also a Luxe owner for 2 weeks now and i plan on using the rad bracket and the pump directly beneath it and have it feed my pump through the top i'm gonna try to sketch it up and answer then my paint skills are tingling and i want to burn eyes with my skills xD

So there will be a follow up /edit to this post once i've visualized it properly.

Wall fo text certainly is welcome actually! I like to read em! I'm also a Luxe owner for 2 weeks now and i plan on using the rad bracket and the pump directly beneath it and have it feed my pump through the top i'm gonna try to sketch it up and answer then my paint skills are tingling and i want to burn eyes with my skills xD

So there will be a follow up /edit to this post once i've visualized it properly.

Here is how I have mine installed currently. I've still  yet to add water (as you can see, and that random tube on the left is temporary. Have just been setting up part of the loop while I wait for remaining parts. I will also be buying some metal screw down clamps to hold down the tube on the pump, as I think that would be better than my current zip ties. The pump is completely hidden behind the HDD shield, only reason you can see it is because I turned flash on. I also wanted to do this build including my PSU cover, it looks like it will work out so far.

post-155082-0-24940200-1421659292_thumb. post-155082-0-21505500-1421659288_thumb.

Here is how I have mine installed currently. I've still  yet to add water (as you can see, and that random tube on the left is temporary. Have just been setting up part of the loop while I wait for remaining parts. I will also be buying some metal screw down clamps to hold down the tube on the pump, as I think that would be better than my current zip ties. The pump is completely hidden behind the HDD shield, only reason you can see it is because I turned flash on. I also wanted to do this build including my PSU cover, it looks like it will work out so far.

attachicon.gifpic2.jpg attachicon.gifpic1.jpg

Allright i'm done with paint and that looks really neat! I'm gonna make a dedicated post for when all parts have arrived for me!

But heres how i plan things to work out in the res/pump/front rad department. I've already tested the pumo to red combo with some leftover tube form my previous build and it works :3 The only open question is the res to pump connection but i dont have the res yet and i dont have another tube res since i am comming from a bayres in my previous build.

Sideview: http://imgur.com/HEWPYCJ

Topdown: http://imgur.com/TxxIL6P

from the gpu onward the loop will look like this : gpu -> cpu -> top 420mm rad -> res

there is a second version which i will decide on when i build it depending on what looks better

version 2: gpu -> top 420mm rad -> cpu -> res

Oh and Coolax, sorry for hijacking your thread ^^!

If you already have a ASUS Maximus Formula VII, watercooling the VRMs/board comes at neither extra cost nor effort (ok, yes, a few inches of tubing and 2 extra fittings - so, yes, a tiny bit of both is actually required), so go for it. With that motherboard, not doing it, would be more irritating. Water cooling RAM however... really not worth it. I'd drop that surplus money elsewhere.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)