Shield tablet or other

Good morning, I'm currently on the look for a tablet for general use (youtube, mail, documents light edition/modding) but I also plan to adquire a GTX970 for my desktop PC later this year, given this I wanted to hear opinions about wether it is or not a solid investment for the next 2 or 3 years in terms of hardware or if is there going to be some technological advance I don't know about and should wait for.

Anyway any help would be nice and sorry for the broken english :)

The SHIELD tablet is an awesome, incredibly powerful tablet, but it doesn't really make sense without the intention of gamestreaming.

It's also great for general content consumption.

EDIT: please follow your posts by pressing the 'follow' button at the top-right of the page.

Sig under construction.

It is a great tablet, especially for the price. The only other option I would really look at is the lg gpad 8.3 for its build quality, but I would personally get the shield. 

Shield is good, better than nexus 9 for the price in my opinion.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

And that's my intention Tedster ;) just wanted to make sure that it would be good in other areas too, and thanks!