Colored tubing or dye?

Im planning on a black and white build but I dont know if I want to get white tubing or white dye. I heard dye and coolant can build up gunk in the loop and that just plain distilled water is better, but I want to get white dye because I am planning on putting in a tube reservoir and I think the white liquid inside it would look better than clear water. Also what would be the best 1/2" ID white tubing or white dye to buy. 

Dye for sure. More options in the future

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I think white tubing would look better. but that is personal preference. But with the res dye. 

Nice pic btw.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I don't have much experience with custom loops, but if you really want white liquid for your theme and visibility on your reservoir, go for it. It will be high maintenance with occasional flushing and cleaning out the tubing and installing fresh liquid. If you are prepared to do it and clean it out from time to time, go for it.

As for tube diameter size, I can't answer, sorry ^_^ 

Elven 

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Im planning on a black and white build but I dont know if I want to get white tubing or white dye. I heard dye and coolant can build up gunk in the loop and that just plain distilled water is better, but I want to get white dye because I am planning on putting in a tube reservoir and I think the white liquid inside it would look better than clear water. Also what would be the best 1/2" ID white tubing or white dye to buy. 

Masterkleer has some decent tubing. So does Primochill.

Mayhem's does have Pastel White, but I'm experiencing the same problem as TTL with my Pastel, it has shifted color to something not very nice [blood red to old meat brownish red] ^^

The white coolant will surely look better, but white tubing will not be as hard to keep clean.

And yes, there is a chance that the colored coolant builds up gunk.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I prefer to buy a good quality clear tubing and use coolant or dye. it gives you a bigger range of colours that you can use in your build by adding different combinations of dyes. if you are after white coolant try mayhems pastel ice white.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

personally i prefer colored tubing, dont care for the gunk that seems to build up from dye but thats opinion of course

I wouldn't recommend using dye because it isn't as simple as using any clear tubing and pouring the dyed coolant in. There is only one type of tube from what I've seen that is sufficiently transparent, Crystal Link, and that requires a lot more money, time and planning.

I would do colour tubing.  I have never and will never use dye in my loops.  I don't wanna risk the chance of damage to my components or shorten the life, just my opinion. 

post-18744-0-96117400-1372117915.jpg

I use colour tubing and a silver kill coil. Dye can gunk up your loop over time. Distilled water with the silver kill coil is all you need.

Your going to hate me for this, but both. I like the look of colored tubes better, they are more solid and clean, especially for white, black and red tubes. You need the dye for the resevoir, or LEDs CAN look nice one the resevoir if done well.

Well it looks like there are mixed responses but I might be going with white tubing

Well it looks like there are mixed responses but I might be going with white tubing

The thing I HATE about opaque colored tubing is, you cant see ANY bubbles in the tubing, so bleeding a loop is completely dependent on your hearing to hear the bubbles in the pump and tubing... Your choice though.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

The thing I HATE about opaque colored tubing is, you cant see ANY bubbles in the tubing, so bleeding a loop is completely dependent on your hearing to hear the bubbles in the pump and tubing... Your choice though.

ya they both have their pros and cons but I'm most likely going to stick with white tubes, but I might change my mind

ya they both have their pros and cons but I'm most likely going to stick with white tubes, but I might change my mind

Alrighty. Good luck on your rig.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Clear tubing for the simple fact you can change to color if you want. You can change it to whatever color you decide or add UV dye.

I've had solid white tubing and it was decent. Bleeding your loop is 100x easier with clear tubing.

Clear tubing for the simple fact you can change to color if you want. You can change it to whatever color you decide or add UV dye.

I've had solid white tubing and it was decent. Bleeding your loop is 100x easier with clear tubing.

Im wondering why does clear tubing make bleeding easier, is it because you can actually see the fluid in the tubes? 

Im wondering why does clear tubing make bleeding easier, is it because you can actually see the fluid in the tubes? 

You can see the bubbles in the tube. It helps you know when to stop the pump so you don't suck the bubbles back into the pump. 

if your dead set on colour for the look of your loop. you can use dye, take some pictures of it then drain it, flush and replace it with a stable fluid for 24/7 use. Or if you want to bust out the cash use IceDragonCooling Nano Fluid and clear tubing.

if your dead set on colour for the look of your loop. you can use dye, take some pictures of it then drain it, flush and replace it with a stable fluid for 24/7 use. Or if you want to bust out the cash use IceDragonCooling Nano Fluid and clear tubing.

Isnt IDC White the same as Mayhems Pastel Ice White? On the FrozenCPU site, it sayd Mayhems collaborated with IDC... This is straight from FrozenCPU: Mayhems Pastel range of coolants have been in development for over two years, with co-operation between Ice Dragon Cooling and Mayhems.

i used colored tubing because some of my hosing clouded up

Isnt IDC White the same as Mayhems Pastel Ice White? On the FrozenCPU site, it sayd Mayhems collaborated with IDC... This is straight from FrozenCPU: Mayhems Pastel range of coolants have been in development for over two years, with co-operation between Ice Dragon Cooling and Mayhems.

looks like they are.  I personally don't care what the inside of my computer looks like so I never really looked at fluids beyond their performance characteristics.