Speedfan?

ViruZ_HUN
Go to solution Solved by Pelop17,

okay thx..

Could you send me a link of that AL Suite 3 package?. and explain what it is?

4a-568x400.png

here is a photo of how fan expert looks like

Basicly all suite 3 is a programme which lets you

AI Suite 3

optimized performance, always!

AI Suite 3 is an exclusive ASUS dashboard-style control panel that lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your Z97-PRO GAMER-based system for the best balance between performance, stability and efficiency — all via a simple and intuitive interface.

sage.jpg
  • Dual Intelligent Processors 5 with Digi+ VRM

This key part of AI Suite 3 is an easy-to-use tuning tool that dynamically adjusts ASUS TPU (Turbo V   Processing Unit), EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM), Fan Xpert 3 and Turbo App technologies to enhance performance and increase efficiency. It all happens with perfect precision — and all with a single click! 

• Fan Xpert 3

Fan Xpert 3 puts 4-pin/3-pin CPU and case fan controls in one place. It scans each fan's characteristics and delivers custom settings for each fan based on the dedicated area temperatures detected by hardware thermal sensors. Make sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. It even can reduce the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet and power saving operation during light loads.

• USB 3.0 Boost

This great ASUS-exclusive technology accelerates the already-fast speed of USB 3.0, enabling transfer speeds that are up to 1.33 (1.33X) times faster than standard USB 3.0.

• System Information

If you need to look up your PC's specification in a hurry then the System Information screen will show you want you need — right away!

• EZ Update

Your motherboard will always be kept up to date thanks to EZ Update — just click to check for the latest drivers.

Hi!

I wonder how I use speedfan to set up a schedule for my fans?. The BIOS fan controller is worthless since 20% is minimum for the fans. I know I can take speedfan even lower then that. But the problem is that when I am putting on a stresstest or something, speedfan do no change the speeds on the fans?. If i turn of the fans and I start a stresstest they wont turn on because speedfan do not care of the temps-.-

Well I heard that the majority uses speedfan for fancontroll, but how??

I've seen alot of videos about the software but I do not understand

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Hi!

I wonder how I use speedfan to set up a schedule for my fans?. The BIOS fan controller is worthless since 20% is minimum for the fans. I know I can take speedfan even lower then that. But the problem is that when I am putting on a stresstest or something, speedfan do no change the speeds on the fans?. If i turn of the fans and I start a stresstest they wont turn on because speedfan do not care of the temps-.-

Well I heard that the majority uses speedfan for fancontroll, but how??

I've seen alot of videos about the software but I do not understand

Speedfan is a programme which you can see you cpu temps , gpu temps

If you want to customize your fan ( asus mobo -fan expert)

or using the BIOS or the drivers for the gpu fans

Speedfan doesnt support all motherboards, Go to Configure, Advanced and select which chip, It should say PWM or something on the chips if SpeedFan can controll teh fans.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Speedfan is a programme which you can see you cpu temps , gpu temps

If you want to customize your fan ( asus mobo -fan expert)

or using the BIOS or the drivers for the gpu fans

i tried to get fan xpert but I could not find it anywhere. 

The GPU is fine, it is the case and the CPU fan I want to customize

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Speedfan doesnt support all motherboards, Go to Configure, Advanced and select which chip, It should say PWM or something on the chips if SpeedFan can controll teh fans.

I can controll my fans, it supports my motherboard, yes. But I cannot customize it on a way it configures load/idle speeds. If I set a rpm it stays there forever whatever kind of load my PC does. That is what I am not happy with

I can controll my fans, it supports my motherboard, yes. But I cannot customize it on a way it configures load/idle speeds. If I set a rpm it stays there forever whatever kind of load my PC does. That is what I am not happy with

I dont know, I did not even know you could set custom automatic speeds, Ive always used it manually.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

i tried to get fan xpert but I could not find it anywhere. 

The GPU is fine, it is the case and the CPU fan I want to customize

here:

1) Fan Xpert 2 is part of the AI Suite III package. So you'd need to install that and the Fan Xpert 2 module.

2) It runs as an applcation in Windows. UEFI (BIOS) handles fan speeds outside the OS, which is no big deal as by rights you should be spending most of your time in the OS.

here:

1) Fan Xpert 2 is part of the AI Suite III package. So you'd need to install that and the Fan Xpert 2 module.

2) It runs as an applcation in Windows. UEFI (BIOS) handles fan speeds outside the OS, which is no big deal as by rights you should be spending most of your time in the OS.

okay thx..

Ah i found it here:

http://www.asus.com/se/Motherboards/X99S/HelpDesk_Download/

What do I do with this big package, lol?

okay thx..

4a-568x400.png

AI Suite 3

AI Suite 3 is an exclusive ASUS dashboard-style control panel that lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your Z97-PRO GAMER-based system for the best balance between performance, stability and efficiency — all via a simple and intuitive interface.

sage.jpg

This key part of AI Suite 3 is an easy-to-use tuning tool that dynamically adjusts ASUS TPU (Turbo V   Processing Unit), EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM), Fan Xpert 3 and Turbo App technologies to enhance performance and increase efficiency. It all happens with perfect precision — and all with a single click! 

• Fan Xpert 3

Fan Xpert 3 puts 4-pin/3-pin CPU and case fan controls in one place. It scans each fan's characteristics and delivers custom settings for each fan based on the dedicated area temperatures detected by hardware thermal sensors. Make sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. It even can reduce the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet and power saving operation during light loads.

• USB 3.0 Boost

This great ASUS-exclusive technology accelerates the already-fast speed of USB 3.0, enabling transfer speeds that are up to 1.33 (1.33X) times faster than standard USB 3.0.

• System Information

If you need to look up your PC's specification in a hurry then the System Information screen will show you want you need — right away!

• EZ Update

Your motherboard will always be kept up to date thanks to EZ Update — just click to check for the latest drivers.

If you want to use Speedfan then you have to click on the configure button. On the temperature tab you must find "Core 0" (or core 1,2,3 etc.) Thats the temperature reading that the CPU is at. Then you must click the plus icon next to it. There should be a list of fans eg. Sys, CPU, Aux. Find the cpu fan and tick the box. This will set the fan to be linked with Speedfan's temperature reading of the CPU. Then click on Core 0 and choose the desired temperature that you want it to stay at. Click ok. Your fan will now kick in when the cpu gets above that temperature when you tick the "Automatic fan speed" box on the main screen. 

Be warned though. There are better ways of controlling the fan like the Fan Xpert that everyone is talking about. I wouldn't reccomend using Speedfan other than for manually controlling the fans. Still, if you want to use this then there you go. 

Also as mentioned above, you have to make sure that in the advanced tab of the configure menu that your fans are set to PWM. If you want to control the fans manually then you can set the PWM mode tabs to manual. The chip is likely to be called "Nuvoton". There you will find these extra options

4a-568x400.png

AI Suite 3

sage.jpg

• Fan Xpert 3

• USB 3.0 Boost

• System Information

• EZ Update

oh thx. I managed to install it. And it works great:D Much better then the bios BS:D

thx alot man!

oh thx. I managed to install it. And it works great:D Much better then the bios BS:D

thx alot man!

No problem :)