Bose Ae2 or some sennheiser hd 439

oskarstankovic

Hey guys, I don't like any headset in the market, so I preefer some good headphones So im just wondering what features do i need on a headphone to be good at gaming, and all in general?

Thank you ^-^

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Budget? Also throw the Bose out asap

Nothing wrong with the bose, but I think that a open headphone would be best for gaming.

Budget needed.

the Bose are horrible trust me I own them

Describe the sound, then.

• 2 weeks later...

More than all I want something comfortable for been walking on the street and that sounds great on the PC gaming, I'lll probably go for some sennheiser wireless or Bose Ae2,  So im just wondering what features do i need on a headphone to be good at gaming, and all in general?

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Do you guys recommend me some Audio Technica?

Indeed if you want something portable and gaming-appropriate you could do worse than an M40x.

I think Im going for some comfortable Audio Technica or Sennheiser, If I dont found something great Im going for some Bose Ae2

I think Im going for some comfortable Audio Technica or Sennheiser, If I dont found something great Im going for some Bose Ae2

The Audio Technicas have smaller cups so not as comfortable for some. 

I will just say this; I own a pair of bose ae2, sony mdr-7506, and sony XB500's so literally bright (Bose),balanced (MDR-7506), and super bassy (Xb500) and I like the sony MDR-7506 best, but the bose sound's almost the same as the MDR-7506, just brighter.

I've also heard the ATH-M50 and I don't like them compared to MDR-7506 or MDR-V6 because they have worse build quality and are quite a bit darker and muffled sounding.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I will just say this; I own a pair of bose ae2, sony mdr-7506, and sony XB500's so literally bright (Bose),balanced (MDR-7506), and super bassy (Xb500) and I like the sony MDR-7506 best, but the bose sound's almost the same as the MDR-7506, just brighter.

I've also heard the ATH-M50 and I don't like them compared to MDR-7506 or MDR-V6 because they have worse build quality and are quite a bit darker and muffled sounding.

Yeah, the internet hate train is pretty extreme with the bose. They're not terrible, just quite overpriced.

Yeah, the internet hate train is pretty extreme with the bose. They're not terrible, just quite overpriced.

I understand why people don't like the bose ae2 but for the extra $50 or so you get a replaceable cable,better comfort (lighter), real leather pads, amazing build quality, I mean I couldn't break these if I tried, and a 2 year warranty instead of 1 year.

I have had mine for three years and the only thing I've had to replace was the earpads becaused I use them like 5+ hours a day.

I know all this sounds fanboyee (not a real word), but I use the MDR-7506 just because they sound better and have a longer cable.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

which is what makes them horrible

Well new maybe, but a good second hand deal may make them worth it. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

50 bucks new is what I would buy them for

Don't agree with you on that one, :P sure they may not be as nice as other pairs, but the build is good, and they don't sound bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Not to mention that the sound cancelling is top tire. 

ath m50s obliterate them for 100 bucks

Well there are some pretty good deals for the AE2s out there. 

I mean the two headphones are polar opposites, but still i think that at the right price the AE2 are a compelling option, even compared to the m50s. 

Now their sound is very different but, still its not to be ignored. Well thats my two cents on it :P opinions may vary :P

ath m50s obliterate them for 100 bucks

In a world where M50 costs a hundred bucks, so do the AE2. Personally, I'd pick the AE2.

The Bose hate is real. In all fairness, Bose AE2 are some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever had the pleasure to try on and they don't sound bad, period.