mSATA SSD in laptop used as cache not visable

Go to solution Solved by RichardsD,

You could.  

Go to Disk Manager and just create a volume with it.  But honestly, I'd swap it out.

For Disk manager, click Computer in the start menu, right click for manage, and click disk manager.

Hey everyone!

So I recently got an Acer Aspire v7-582pg ultrabook and yesterday I cloned my OS on an 830 EVO and replaced the former HDD with it. Everything worked out well and I'm now enjoying the performance of the SSD. But I noticed inside there was an mSATA slot and a  24GB Kingston SSD in it which was used as cache. But I don't see the drive in my devices menu... But only for instance in my Samsung Magician software. It got me wondering if there's a way I could use this SSD as extra storage since it has no performance gain anymore.. Like formating it and seeing at as an extra drive. Maybe swapping it out for a higher capacity one down the road to get extra storage? How would I get to formating it?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

You could.  

Go to Disk Manager and just create a volume with it.  But honestly, I'd swap it out.

For Disk manager, click Computer in the start menu, right click for manage, and click disk manager.

i would personally swap it out for better one but if you want that one to use as storage download free AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition and create and manage partitions like that but if you regret doing that there is options in windows that you can use

if you found ansver as helpful remember to mark it as solved