k70 just stopped working

dannyule

Hey guys,

Had the k70 for about two weeks when all of a sudden it just stops working. So I unplugged and plugged it back in and all I can hear is the windows 8 sound of he device connecting once and then constant disconnecting sounds. The LEDs don't light up, on startup motherboard is not recognising a keyboard. Tried it on my girlfriends laptop same exact thing happens. Has his happened to any of you and is there a fix? Or do you think it is completely buggered. H80i broke and now this happened I'm losing all faith in corsair just as my m65 rgb arrived.

Thanks guys

Motherboard - ASUS GENE VII   CPU - i5-4690k   Ram - 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2133MHz   GPU - ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB   PSU - Corsair CX750   SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Case - Bitfenix Prodigy M (White)   OS - Windows 8.1 (64x)

Hey guys,

Had the k70 for about two weeks when all of a sudden it just stops working. So I unplugged and plugged it back in and all I can hear is the windows 8 sound of he device connecting once and then constant disconnecting sounds. The LEDs don't light up, on startup motherboard is not recognising a keyboard. Tried it on my girlfriends laptop same exact thing happens. Has his happened to any of you and is there a fix? Or do you think it is completely buggered. H80i broke and now this happened I'm losing all faith in corsair just as my m65 rgb arrived.

Thanks guys

RMA it. 

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

time to send it back to Corsair.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Hey guys,

Thanks guys

Did you ever use the Corsair Firmware Application on your computer? I used it and stopped it before the download finished and my K70 stopped working. Just try the first download that shows up on the website and start it up. After I stopped my download in the middle by accident, all they functions and LEDs stopped functioning. When I ran the the Corsair Firmware Update again without stopping it during the process, it worked again with all it's LEDs like magic tho. Do it and tell us if it works because I wanna see if it does :]. Good luck.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads

Did you ever use the Corsair Firmware Application on your computer? I used it and stopped it before the download finished and my K70 stopped working. Just try the first download that shows up on the website and start it up. After I stopped my download in the middle by accident, all they functions and LEDs stopped functioning. When I ran the the Corsair Firmware Update again without stopping it during the process, it worked again with all it's LEDs like magic tho. Do it and tell us if it works because I wanna see if it does :]. Good luck.

I'll quickly get it back out of the box and see if that does the trick. Be right back haha!

Motherboard - ASUS GENE VII   CPU - i5-4690k   Ram - 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2133MHz   GPU - ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB   PSU - Corsair CX750   SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Sorry may I ask what model you have? I'm using the Corsair Gaming Non-RGB K70

Sorry may I ask what model you have? I'm using the Corsair Gaming Non-RGB K70

Same I have using the non rgb K70 with browns. I just was looking around and tried the firmware update since I was curious. I hope it works because I think it might.

I already have the software installed because of my m65 but I'll uninstall it and reinstall it

Same I have using the non rgb K70 with browns. I just was looking around and tried the firmware update since I was curious. I hope it works because I think it might.

Something is definitely iffy. Uninstalled the software then plugged in and device manager recognises it as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'. Then reinstall software. Nothing, unplug and plug it back in and nothing, no indication of it being plugged in. Restart still nothing. Wiggle the usb port and then appears in device manager 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'

Some last notes - k70 is 100% faulty and I don't know why. When plugged in it caused windows not to boot and just help the motherboard at startup until I unplugged the K70 and then the system would boot into windows. Managed to see some life in the keyboard for a couple of seconds as the brightness LED and key to select certain LEDs on came on and flashed about twice and then slowly dimmed down to death after a minute. Would you guys recommend me getting another one as I'm unlucky or switch to a different keyboard?

Some last notes - k70 is 100% faulty and I don't know why. When plugged in it caused windows not to boot and just help the motherboard at startup until I unplugged the K70 and then the system would boot into windows. Managed to see some life in the keyboard for a couple of seconds as the brightness LED and key to select certain LEDs on came on and flashed about twice and then slowly dimmed down to death after a minute. Would you guys recommend me getting another one as I'm unlucky or switch to a different keyboard?

I am almost positive you can RMA it as long you didn't open it up. If you have to warrenty, then send a report to them and they should be able to replace it. They probably will give you another even if an LED goes out I am pretty sure.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

You have to make a new account for the customer service but it is easy to do. I don't know why the account is different from the regular Corsair website but yea.

The Corsair K70 is a beautiful keyboard, and I was really wanting to get one, but after reading many comments around the web about the serious issues some are having with it, and Corsair's customer support, I'm going to have to pass on it. Very disappointing! 

I am almost positive you can RMA it as long you didn't open it up. If you have to warrenty, then send a report to them and they should be able to replace it. They probably will give you another even if an LED goes out I am pretty sure.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

You have to make a new account for the customer service but it is easy to do. I don't know why the account is different from the regular Corsair website but yea.

RMAing it back to Scan.co.uk got in contact with them yesterday and sending it off today. Thanks for the heads up though.

RMAing it back to Scan.co.uk got in contact with them yesterday and sending it off today. Thanks for the heads up though.

Yea, you should be able to get another one without a problem. Idk why you wouldn't unless you did something that would make it not returnable which seems like you didn't

Someone probably spilled a drink on it and didnt tell you 

Sniff dat keyboard doe. I spilled tomatoes on my K70 and only like the m and n keys are slightly easier to press down.

Edit: I didn't spill tomatoes, I was eating tomatoes and the juiceies squirted out... :/

Someone probably spilled a drink on it and didnt tell you 

I assure you that no one spilled anything on it, it just gave out.

I assure you that no one spilled anything on it, it just gave out.

Maybe the pins in the usb of your keyboard are screwed up or something idk. Just send it back, go to the Corsair link I sent you. they will most surely deal with it. Unless that seems like too much work then idk. No one else has any idea so just send it back.

Maybe the pins in the usb of your keyboard are screwed up or something idk. Just send it back, go to the Corsair link I sent you. they will most surely deal with it. Unless that seems like too much work then idk. No one else has any idea so just send it back.

Already sent it off to Scan.co.uk for a replacement