Open Back Headphones

Norman_the_Owl

Anyone know the difference between Audio technica's older AD1000s and the newer AD1000xs? Is there any really noticeable difference?

Considering picking up a used pair of AD1000s to go alongside my ATH M50RDs

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

ATH AD1000                                                                ATH AD1000X

1 cable                                                                         2 cables (1 to each earcup)

Brown in colour  (other colours available)                    Black in colour (other colours available)

More comfortable IMO (especially the headflaps)       Vice versa

Same drivers

I don't like the flaps headband design in general and would advise buying a AKG K712 Pro.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

@H4X3R These are really cheap and used, a target of opportunity. I'd get something else if I had the chance

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

@H4X3R These are really cheap and used, a target of opportunity. I'd get something else if I had the chance

Oh, then by all means go for it. They are amazing sounding headphones (HD 650, or better).

But that headband.....i just couldn't get used to it. It varies from person to person though, since i am very sensitive and play for extended periods of time it does get annoying.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

ATH AD1000                                                                ATH AD1000X

1 cable                                                                         2 cables (1 to each earcup)

Brown in colour  (other colours available)                    Black in colour (other colours available)

More comfortable IMO (especially the headflaps)       Vice versa

Same drivers

I don't like the flaps headband design in general and would advise buying a AKG K712 Pro.

how about audio quality  between the ath-ad1000x and akg k712 pro?

would you say the k712 is considerably better?

Simply a matter of opinion. No one agrees on what sounds best between any group of headphones over a hundred bucks.

how about audio quality  between the ath-ad1000x and akg k712 pro?

As i am an avid AKG user (AKG K550 and K612 Pro) i would recommend the K712 Pro, especially for the comfort.

As said by shearme:

Simply a matter of opinion. No one agrees on what sounds best between any group of headphones over a hundred bucks.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4