Can a PSU kill you?

orangecat

What @Chipset said. A normally functioning PSU will not kill you a normally functioning you. Simple as that ;-)

(but if you wanted to, you could turn it into something lethal)

what would be the point. you would be better off stabbing them with main wires.

Anyway 1 amp across the heart will likely kill you. So lets say that the resistance of the flesh from the left hand to the right it around 3KOhms, that would mean at 12 volts you would only have 0.004 amp running through you.

that is barely enough for you to fell it.

46-tab1.jpg

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

If you poke around inside the PSU where it converts the AC to DC, its possible, but as far as what your 24 pin supplies and all that, no it will not. Without the proper voltage, your PSU's 70 or whatever amps won't hurt you.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

what would be the point. you would be better off stabbing them with main wires.

That was my point, it takes some effort, although I'll admit I didn't make it to clear. If a Bond villain were to electrocute Bond to death, they would use an ATX PSU :-P

Anyway 1 amp across the heart will likely kill you. So lets say that the resistance of the flesh from the left hand to the right it around 3KOhms, that would mean at 12 volts you would only have 0.004 amp running through you.

that is barely enough for you to fell it.

I would say that one way to do a little testing on you own hand is to take one of those 9V batteries and touch one pole with your thumb and the other with your index finger. It's only 3V less, but it's a lot shorter distance and thus less resistance, I would guess you would feel that one better than 12v from one hand to another, and from experience, you won't feel the 9v at all...

Yes I heard something like this on the news not to long ago. Someone was taking apart a power supply and killed himself.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2