Spovan mountaineering Sport Watch Review

So last time I reviewed spovan pedometer sport watch here, I sent to many friends to check, some said what's wrong with the pictures they are so big. Hey man that's my first review, lol. So in this review I try to minimize the pictures to make it more comfortable to read, hope you guys enjoy.

Spovan Bravo II review, to be great

As a weekend adventurer, I barely have time to write a review about adventure or outdoor gear, because I spend the whole weekend exploring while during the weekdays the boss keeps rushing me where’s the sales and customers repeatedly email me want a refund, yeah hard work. Until now, this Spovan sport watch really catches my eyes. Yes it deserves a close look and it’s also a chance to organize my adventure photos. But as you know I’m not an expert at reviewing, hope you guys can leave a comment or so.

In this review I’m gonna cover six aspects:

Spovan Bravo II outdoor sports watch Tech Review catalog :

1.  product information

2.  the Spovan company profile

3.  overall impression

4.  key functions

5.  conclusion

6.  sharing some photos of my exploring

Here we go:

1. product information

Product Description

Dial diameter: 50mm

Dial thickness: 14.5mm

Band length: 250mm

Strap material: silicone

Case material: stainless steel

Buckle material: stainless steel

Surface material: hard glass

Bottom material: stainless steel

Battery type: CR2032

Waterproof: 30 meters life waterproof

Sensor: Swiss sensor

Key: SET / LIGHT, MODE, ALTI / -, COMP, BARO / +

Features:

Altitude / relative height measurement and height correction

Pressure Measurement / pressure recording and correction

Temperature Measurement and Calibration

Weather forecast

24 hours barometric pressure history records

Dual time mode

Chronograph mode, allows recording lap time up to 100 laps, the maximum 23 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds

Countdown

Hourly chime function

Time display

2 groups of alarm

3 seconds EL backlight

30 meters life waterproof

2.  the Spovan company profile

Spovan is a famous brand of outdoor sports in China founded in 2006, the reputation in China is kind of like xiaomi smartphone worldwide, lol. Of course this is not the key point of my review so I just let it pass. For more info you can check: http://en.spovan.com/about/2.html

3.  overall impression

The package is well packed as you can see it filled with so many other things I guess this costs me lots of transportation fees?

631725a8gw1eo967wtfggj21kw0w07dk.jpg

Contains:

1 x Mountaineering wristwatch

1 x English and Chinese user manual

1 x Silicone strap

631725a8gw1eo969m5c9qj21kw0w0gsm.jpg

The design

This Spovan Bravo II has a really sharp, professional and gorgeous appearance in contrast to a wide variety of sport watches that have a cheap appearance with plastic wristbands and digital faces. Here are some pictures

631725a8gw1eo96cg6rc6j21kw0w0q9y.jpg

631725a8gw1eo96sdq776j20u60lc0vu.jpg

4.  key functions

Yeah I only introduce some key functions as like stopwatch, countdown, alarm  seems every sport watch has. But as a test I compared the chronograph with my phone, hmm, almost the same (picture4).

631725a8jw1eo96efqz46j21kw0w0wnc.jpg

First of all let’s take a look at the face and button of the watch:

631725a8jw1eo96f4pgosj20i90eiq5c.jpg

A keyback light: to turn on the EL back light for 3seconds.

B keysetting modeTo select among the current time, daily alarm,

stop watch, time, pacer, and dual time mode. Press and hold B key to

switch to the setting mode.

C key: barometer/decrease: press C key to enter barometer mode.

D key: compass: press D key to enter compass mode.

E key: altimeter/increasepress E key to enter altimeter mode.

Major Function Modes are:

631725a8jw1eo96f9a259j20uo0h8wic.jpg

I will introduce these features

Pacer

Dual time

Altimeter mode and calibration

Barometer mode display

Weather forecast and temperature

Compass

PACER

First of all you have to set the beeping rate

To select the setting display, long press B button in the pacer mode. When the beeping rate digits start to flash, press the E or C button to increase/decrease the number. When the setting is completed, press and hold the B button to exit the setting display. When you want to activate it just hit E button and it starts counting at the same time will beep. Quite easy to operate, the only thing I don’t like is the sound, it sounds like made by a cheap digital watch, lol

631725a8gw1eo96t3yfdjj21kw0cr787.jpg

DUAL TIME

The watch includes a function to show the time for a second time zone- Dual Time Mode. Yeah It’s not like some fancy watches with more than 20 zones time, but this is enough for me to use.

631725a8jw1eo96fjm8uej21kw0w0dm3.jpg

Altimeter mode and calibration

In time mode you just press E button (ALTI+) then you will go altimeter-temperature mode. As the original meter says -143, this is not right so I go to google (http://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-google-maps-find-altitude.htm) found the right altitude 51.831 m / 170.050 feet. There are two reasons why need to adjust the sea level pressure 1 as altitude is calculated by the difference between current and sea level pressure, so the sea level pressure changing or using the watch in a place which has a different sea level pressure will effect the altitude reading. 2 to achieve a more accurate reading, sea level pressure need to be updated from place to place and from time to time.

There are 4 kinds of adjustment method:

Zero Altitude: Adjust altitude mandatory to zero for relative altitude measurement, then a indicator “ ” will be appeared on the display.

Absolute Altitude: Set altitude to a known value and it can recall for next setting.

Sea level pressure: Input a specific sea level pressure which is got from an official source.

Factory Default: Restore the watch to default factory setting where assume Sea Level Pressure is 1013.2mb.

631725a8gw1eo96udh8v4j21kw0crgpd.jpg

Barometer mode dispaly

The watch includes three barometer functional displays:

Temperature, Sea Level Pressure and History Display.

631725a8jw1eo96vv6vdyj20wd0dl41a.jpg

Weather forecast and temperature

Weather forecast is measured by barometer, thus calibration becomes very important. Before calibrate the barometer, you must have the absolute pressure of your current position, because that pressure value will be inputted into the watch during the adjustment. Consult the nearest observatory station to get the ambient barometric pressure of your current position. To adjust is very easy though.

To test the weather forecast I happened take this picture, seems very accurate:

631725a8jw1eo96g0on5vj21kw0w0n4z.jpg

The temperature units can be changed Celsius() to Fahrenheit(), pressure mb/hPa to inHg, vice versa

Be noticed: If you want to have an accurate reading of air temperature, you must remove the watch from the wrist (for 20 to 30 minutes) that allows no body temperature effect on your watch.

631725a8jw1eo96g8k1igj20m30fuac9.jpg

Compass

Compass is very important when exploring the nature, especially when you lost in the unknown place. Keep your watch away from magnets or the appliances which may contain magnetic objects such as mobile phones, speakers, motors and etc

But if it’s the first time you use it you have to adjust it, actually in these conditions you have to adjust

1 The watch is using for the first time

2 The battery has been replaced

3 The bearing direction digits are flashing, and the “OFF

CAL” indicator appear

4 The compass use in a location that is apart from the

place in which the compass had been calibrated

5 The user intends to regulate the precision of the digital

compass

There are two ways to adjust the the compass, I will introduce the Rotation Calibration method

Press and hold the B button, into the Rotation Calibration

Display. Press the B button to switch between the rotation calibration and

magnetic declination. Press the E button to start rotation calibration in rotation

calibration stop display, the pointers will start rotating, turning the

watch (keep parallel to the horizon) in the same direction of the

rotating pointers). After the pointers rotate 2 turns, it will back to the compass mode.

As you can see

631725a8jw1eo96wa44f3j21780dlwhr.jpg

Conclusion:

I’m very satisfied with this spovan bravo II with regarding to it’s functions designs and materials. But one thing I have to point out is that this screen is a bit dark, even in light mode doesn’t look very bright. But overall, it’s really a good sport watch

631725a8gw1eo96mvxh5xj20go0gowew.jpg

Sharing some photos I explored

631725a8gw1eo96vfsajkj20go0gpgog.jpg

631725a8jw1eo96q5vxm4j20jf0bm0wc.jpg

631725a8jw1eo96qcw2gyj20jc0c9q7a.jpg

631725a8jw1eo96ql6myhj20je0bo41q.jpg

631725a8gw1eo96r7fwnxj20jf0cdjvs.jpg

Ah yeah sorry forgot to put link where did I buy it, I bought from the same place as last time from amazon, 114.98$+freeshipping

Half tech geek, own all kinds of new RC heli, quadcopter, boat, car version, Chinese teacher

So last time I reviewed spovan pedometer sport watch here, I sent to many friends to check, some said what's wrong with the pictures they are so big. Hey man that's my first review, lol. So in this review I try to minimize the pictures to make it more comfortable to read, hope you guys enjoy.

Use Flickr, you can upload a picture in 4K and it will have options for down scaled versions of it

Nice review! Looks like a really useful watch for outdoorsy people.

Man that's a really nice review!

Hmmm, looks sharp and neat, and good in practical use.

Personally this watch trumps the last one you bought.  :D:D:D

In your first review there is really a huge stack of pics LOL

Use Flickr, you can upload a picture in 4K and it will have options for down scaled versions of it

Nice review! Looks like a really useful watch for outdoorsy people.

wow thanks so much for your precious suggestion! I will use it! 

Half tech geek, own all kinds of new RC heli, quadcopter, boat, car version, Chinese teacher

Man that's a really nice review!

Hmmm, looks sharp and neat, and good in practical use.

Personally this watch trumps the last one you bought.  :D :D :D

In your first review there is really a huge stack of pics LOL

yeah actually in this review many pictures too but I organised a bit and use smaller pictures