Good headset for $50 or below?

Valkyrie Dare

What's a good comfortable headset for $50 or below? Needs to work with win8. They need to be able to fit a child with a small head and an adult sized head. 

Logitech is garbage. Save your $50 and get something decent IMHO.

Well what do you think is decent?

Bro there are no good speakers/headsets @ or below $50. You must consider the source first and formost to get amazing sound. The source is the audio file quality which is #1 priority which does not have to cost you money. #2 is the DAC/AMP used and this will caost you money. #3 is the speakers/headset used which is just as important as #1 perhpas even more and this will cost you money cause it a physical hardware issue.

Get your priorites strait.

#1 DAC/AMP or in other words a sound card which is a cost effective and entry level into great quality sound.

#2 Speakers/Headset

I don't need something amazing, just something good.  My brother and sister just want good comfortable headsets so they can have sound when they game.

Are microphones required or do you just need the headphones portion?

Standard is the Superlux 668b and a Zalman clip-on. Otherwise you're looking at some deplorable thing from a peripheral company with sub-par build and sound quality to match. The aforementioned monoprice would be a good option for closed.

I don't need something amazing, just something good.  My brother and sister just want good comfortable headsets so they can have sound when they game.

For $50 you are not looking at good or decent. For $50 you are looking at consumer level trash.

Pretty much anything under $50 will have terrible build quality and won't last a year.

Bro there are no good speakers/headsets @ or below $50. You must consider the source first and formost to get amazing sound. The source is the audio file quality which is #1 priority which does not have to cost you money. #2 is the DAC/AMP used and this will caost you money. #3 is the speakers/headset used which is just as important as #1 perhpas even more and this will cost you money cause it a physical hardware issue.

Get your priorites strait.

#1 DAC/AMP or in other words a sound card which is a cost effective and entry level into great quality sound.

#2 Speakers/Headset

Stop. At $50 the right thing to do is to get some good headphones not a stupid dac/amp that won't do anything at the end of the day. 

For $50 you are not looking at good or decent. For $50 you are looking at consumer level trash.

Pretty much anything under $50 will have terrible build quality and won't last a year.

There are good things under $50 and you should stop attacking the OP.

I think Superlux headphones like SSL said are your best option. Add on a zalman clip on and they'll be great. 

Stop. At $50 the right thing to do is to get some good headphones not a stupid dac/amp that won't do anything at the end of the day. 

There are good things under $50 and you should stop attacking the OP.

I think Superlux headphones like SSL said are your best option. Add on a zalman clip on and they'll be great. 

One could never truly be an audiophile without worrying about DAC/amp. Plus points if he/she start worrying about cables and jacks...

On the second note, add to that audio technica tad300. It's quite good, but small earcups tho...

Snip

Uh, what attack?

As for my statement, let me rephrase it, as I think you misunderstood.

If a pair of headphones have audiophile quality at $50, the manufacturer will probably have compromised the quality elsewhere.

However, OP has stated that audiophile quality isn't needed, so other areas can be focused on.

Uh, what attack?

@I/O being a snobby audiophile that's not helping Valk in any way. Valk just needs headphones that are comfortable and have sound coming out of them. What qualifies as "decent" varies, but it seems like OP is NOT coming down from $2,000 premium headphones and thus does not have high expectations. Which is perfectly fine.

Uh, what attack?

As for my statement, let me rephrase it, as I think you misunderstood.

If a pair of headphones have audiophile quality at $50, the manufacturer will probably have compromised the quality elsewhere.

However, OP has stated that audiophile quality isn't needed, so other areas can be focused on.

Not really. There are things under $50 that don't skimp on quality.