Laptop Cooling Pad

Adorza

Damn, enjoy that new shiny thiing, can't help with the cooler though (didn't linus do a vid on these recently-ish?)

Have a bump :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I plan on buying this on my next paycheck:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXQE4JQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2TC87EJKQMY9O

Can anyone recommend a decent cooling pad for heavy gaming?

Notepal U3 is nice. Have a friend with that exact machine and she says the U3 helps her temps a decent bit. I would suggest however grabbing a model with a 970M instead, if you can foot the bill a little higher. 870M isn't a bad chip really, but 970M would last you a lot longer.

In either case, if you buy that laptop, I suggest buying a tube of IC Diamond or Arctic Ceramique 2 and repasting the stock MX-2 in those things for better temps.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I plan on buying this on my next paycheck:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXQE4JQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2TC87EJKQMY9O

Can anyone recommend a decent cooling pad for heavy gaming?

I can't really recommend anything specific but I used to cool my laptops with a Zalman made cooling pad (ZM-NC2000). It's really old now but still hold and cools pretty well.

Instead of that GT70 tho, you should go with Asus ROG G751 e.g. (much better cooling and for 200$ more you can get one of newegg, with a gtx 970m). GT70's supposedly have overheating issues.  

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

I can't really recommend anything specific but I used to cool my laptops with a Zalman made cooling pad (ZM-NC2000). It's really old now but still hold and cools pretty well.

Instead of that GT70 tho, you should go with Asus ROG G751 e.g. (much better cooling and for 200$ more you can get one of newegg, with a gtx 970m). GT70's supposedly have overheating issues.  

GT70s have no overheating issues unless you use a 880M. All notebooks with 880M 8GB chips have overheating issues xD. The 880M was broken in itself.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

GT70s have no overheating issues unless you use a 880M. All notebooks with 880M 8GB chips have overheating issues xD. The 880M was broken in itself.

Well, indeed there is a bunch of negative reviews of GT70s equipped with a 880m GPU. Think you might be onto something here. xD

Myself I had a chance to check out GT72 with gtx980m, of a friend of mine. A beast of a laptop tbh. I guess that impression made me somewhat biased. :P

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

Well, indeed there is a bunch of negative reviews of GT70s equipped with a 880m GPU. Think you might be onto something here. xD

Myself I had a chance to check out GT72 with gtx980m, of a friend of mine. A beast of a laptop tbh. I guess that impression made me somewhat biased. :P

It's all over notebook review. 780Ms are fine, 870Ms are fine, 880Ms have throttling and overheating and all sorts of issues. 970Ms and 980Ms are fine. 880Ms should be avoided by all users ever.

Notepal U3 is nice. Have a friend with that exact machine and she says the U3 helps her temps a decent bit. I would suggest however grabbing a model with a 970M instead, if you can foot the bill a little higher. 870M isn't a bad chip really, but 970M would last you a lot longer.

In either case, if you buy that laptop, I suggest buying a tube of IC Diamond or Arctic Ceramique 2 and repasting the stock MX-2 in those things for better temps.

My current computer is broken and gaming is a huge hobby of mine, I'm dying without it. This is the best I can afford within my next paycheck, It may be worth it to wait another month for better quality but I need a laptop asap!

My current computer is broken and gaming is a huge hobby of mine, I'm dying without it. This is the best I can afford within my next paycheck, It may be worth it to wait another month for better quality but I need a laptop asap!

I understand your pain there. Sorry, man. Is your max budget $1200?

I understand your pain there. Sorry, man. Is your max budget $1200?

Yes

Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to have great reviews and is cheaper then the one I was looking at.