Is it worth buying a One Plus One at this point?

Imabigmac

Well is it? Or is not a good idea seeing how it's already a few months old and at the speed things move, well we know there will better in a few months.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

If you can wait for the Two, I would. The One has issues and won't be that powerful in two years when all those crazy 64-bit chips come out. The One Plus Two sounds promising though. Or Just get a different phone that doesn't have issues.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The OnePlus is still a pretty good phone. Sure it'll be left behind by the new 64-bit processors and faster hardware this year but that's what always happens. 

If you can wait for the Two, I would. The One has issues and won't be that powerful in two years when all those crazy 64-bit chips come out. The One Plus Two sounds promising though. Or Just get a different phone that doesn't have issues.

and that is my fear. Well my next choice vs the one was a iphone 6 plus. I not a fan of any other androids, with the exception of the m8 but I have no to get a unlocked and then it's still a old phone.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

The ASUS ZenFone 2 has a lot to offer

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The ASUS ZenFone 2 has a lot to offer

Would likely be a pain to get into Canada. But that said I'm not totally sure
Spoiler

It all depends on the circumstances. The way tech and mobile tech goes you can always wait another 2-3 months and there will likely be a better phone. What phone do you have right now. Do you need a new phone today, within a couple of weeks, or can you wait 4 months? Outside of the ASUS Zenphone I'm not really sure what is coming in the next few months, tbh.

What I can say from having the OPO is that I haven't found another phone on the market right now that I would prefer to have over it. For the price, it absolutely beats everything out there. I was worried it would be a bit too big but I adjust to the size within the first day. I am actually worried I might have to find a different phone as I am moving states next week and Tmobile coverage is terribly spotty where I am moving but am really really hoping AT&T coverage will be good enough so I can keep using the OPO. Worst case scenario is that I have to move to sprint at which point I really don't know what phone I would choose. For me the OPO just hits all the sweet spots that I like in a phone: very close to stock Android experience, feels great in the hand with the textured back, plenty of storage that I don't have to worry, 5.5" display is more enjoyable than expected and 1080p is good enough as I have never been crazy about stupid high PPI, which also results in better battery life. I have gone two full days of normal use without charging.

Is the One Plus One still worth it to buy right now? Absolutely yes. Is it the most "future-proof", highest resolution, fastest, most RAM? Nope.

It all depends on the circumstances. The way tech and mobile tech goes you can always wait another 2-3 months and there will likely be a better phone. What phone do you have right now. Do you need a new phone today, within a couple of weeks, or can you wait 4 months? Outside of the ASUS Zenphone I'm not really sure what is coming in the next few months, tbh.

-snip-

Is the One Plus One still worth it to buy right now? Absolutely yes. Is it the most "future-proof", highest resolution, fastest, most RAM? Nope.

I have a iphone 4, its time to do something about, so no its not time sensitive but sooner rather than later I want something new. I have the money set aside - I also want to buy the phone out right and in some cases that isn't really an option. Playing the waiting game is not my strong suit, but getting something that will last is of up most importance. It why I have long considered the iPhone, they last in terms of quality (exception of the battery but they degrade anyway regardless of maker) and the Iphone gets yearly updates. My 2010 phone got updates until fall 2014, something that with most other phones from that era can only be updated with custom ROMs. 

Spoiler

I have a iphone 4, its time to do something about, so no its not time sensitive but sooner rather than later I want something new. I have the money set aside - I also want to buy the phone out right and in some cases that isn't really an option. Playing the waiting game is not my strong suit, but getting something that will last is of up most importance. It why I have long considered the iPhone, they last in terms of quality (exception of the battery but they degrade anyway regardless of maker) and the Iphone gets yearly updates. My 2010 phone got updates until fall 2014, something that with most other phones from that era can only be updated with custom ROMs. 

I can't speak for long term for the OPO as I have only had it for a bit over a month now. In terms of receiving updates it has been slow to get 5.0, but there is an Alpha build available from OnePlus (not Cyanogen). Of course, the OPO is very easy to unlock and root and install custom ROMs on, and it doesn't even void your warranty so it is likely that you will be able to keep the phone up to date for quite a while as there are already a handful of different builds including CM12. In terms of ease of keeping it up to date, and the duration of receiving those updates the iPhone would likely be the phone to go with, but if you aren't worried about getting into custom ROMs or aren't worried about getting updates ASAP then the OPO would be a good choice.

As an alternative you could pick up a Moto G for $180 and a bridge device. I used one for a couple of months after my Nexus 4 broke while I waited to be able to get a OnePlus One. While the Moto G is definitely slower than the OPO it wasn't so slow that it bother me at all, and it has an amazing set of features for the price. Front facing speakers, microSD slot, solid 5" screen, acceptable battery life, and some nice little Motorola apps; easily better than the Nexus 4 in every way. You could get away with using the Moto G for 6+ months until something comes along that you really want to get as soon as it hits the market. Just throwing out some options.