$250 gaming pc

clayton1233

I want to record minecraft with this pc. I have a monitor mouse keyboard operating system and hard drive.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I did but I just found a graphics card and operating system

Don't forget to use the qoute button, so I get a notification..

What GPU did you find?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Don't forget to use the qoute button, so I get a notification..

What GPU did you find?

My friend said that he had a r7 250 or 260

What are you looking at in terms of system? AMD? Intel? Also form factor...i think there is a form you should follow when requesting build help setup.

What are you looking at in terms of system? AMD? Intel? Also form factor...i think there is a form you should follow when requesting build help setup.

Im don't care Intel or amd. Or the form factor. I just want something that will work good

R7 260x is usable. Anything else, well, it would only be useable because your budget is so low.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($106.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill NS Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($31.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Rosewill 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($40.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $256.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-14 13:45 EST-0500

The problem is you want to play minecraft (single-threaded) and stream (multi-threaded), so you're kind of screwed a bit, but luckily the i3-4130 has Quick Sync, so streaming is less of a problem because it uses the iGPU for encoding (but it's not a perfect solution).

Sorry I'm not used to this

I had problems the first few times as well :)

As for the PC, this would be a good choice:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($106.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill NS Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($31.99 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: Rosewill 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($40.00 @ Newegg)

Total: $256.96

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-14 13:45 EST-0500

The problem is you want to play minecraft (single-threaded) and stream (multi-threaded), so you're kind of screwed a bit, but luckily the i3-4130 has Quick Sync, so streaming is less of a problem because it uses the iGPU for encoding (but it's not a perfect solution).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

As I can see you already have a GPU and HDD so...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($105.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.49 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($29.25 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $238.71

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-14 13:46 EST-0500

Be careful, this doesn't work out of the box. The CPU is a haswell refresh while the mobo is an 80 series (h81 chipset). The two are potentially compatible, but the mobo requires a bios reflash to get the CPU to work, but you need a working CPU to reflash the bios of the motherboard so you're caught in a catch-22. Stick to the i3-4130 if you're going with an h81 chipset motherboard.

Be careful, this doesn't work out of the box. The CPU is a haswell refresh while the mobo is an 80 series (h81 chipset). The two are potentially compatible, but the mobo requires a bios reflash to get the CPU to work, but you need a working CPU to reflash the bios of the motherboard so you're caught in a catch-22. Stick to the i3-4130 if you're going with an h81 chipset motherboard.

Thank you for letting me know this. Is there anything else in this parts list that would cause problems. Also would this be able to run with a core i7 later. I would like to get one in a year or so

Not right at all, but it isn't wrong neither.

That only applies for old batches, so if he's buying from a popular shop the mbs in stock probably will have the latest BIOS

You have no way of knowing for sure, and it's not a good idea to risk it. You could be left with just a stack of components with no way to get them to work, and it's a risk I'd never take.

Can this run a core i7

Can what run a core i7? That's a CPU, and one that's way outside of your price range.

Can what run a core i7? That's a CPU, and one that's way outside of your price range.

I know it's out of my price range but next year I might be able to afford it

I know it's out of my price range but next year I might be able to afford it

Yes, the mobo in my build can run it (the low power non-K ones), but I wouldn't recommend it (even though it technically can, I'd still want a better VRMs on the motherboard). If you have more cash coming in, it's way better to hold off and buy better parts all at once so you don't just throw money down the toilet by replacing parts.

Yes, the mobo in my build can run it (the low power non-K ones), but I wouldn't recommend it. If you have more cash coming in, it's way better to hold off and buy better parts all at once so you don't just throw money down the toilet by replacing parts.

I want to build a computer to get started I won't have the money for a year or 2 so that is why I am asking so in the long run I can get the core i7