Malware?

gozzygozborn

I miss-clicked on one of the suspicious ads, how can I tell if I have malware from it? I did not get one of those popups that ask me if I want to allow something to make changes, could i still be infected? I apologize if I sound like an idiot, this is not my specialty and I just want to make sure.

Did i get malware from reading this?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Did you download and run something from the shifty ad? Did you accept any prompts? If you answered yes to either, you're probably infected. If you answered no to both, you're fine.

Did you download and run something from the shifty ad? Did you accept any prompts? If you answered yes to either, you're probably infected. If you answered no to both, you're fine.

No nothing popped up, the ad just went away which I thought was odd.

Get AdBlock

I have it but I was on internet explorer at the time (i know it sucks) because I need to use a site that doesn't work very well on chrome. 

im gonna bet you probably didnt get anything, but just to be safe, it doesn't hurt to run MalwareBytes once in a while anyways.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

#AdBlock To Protect yourself from #CrapBlocks

(In crap blocks I ment blocks as in streets

Common ways to become infected:

Run a .exe program.

Open an infected PFD file.

Open an infected .doc file.

Allow java to run.

JSHooks.

If you ran nothing, you are most likely safe although jshooks are hard to detect and don't require anything to be ran.

Run a quick malwarebyte or eset online scanner scan just to be safe, no worries.

blackshades on