Speakers for my brother's computer.

JarJarBanksy
Go to solution Solved by b1ack1otus,

I'm not sure about that speaker as I've never heard one myself, but for your price range .. I know Logitech z323 sounds pretty good when I heard it on display .. I think it was around $80 but I've seen it on sale for around $60

So I'm looking for a set of speakers to get for my brother's computer. I built him a new one (first gaming desktop in our household) and he will have no way to get sound from it other than a pair of earbuds (rather nice ones, but their sound stage is limited) once he returns to college. The use of the term "college" should inform you that we are kind of on a budget here. Thus far, I believe this to be the best option.

Choice #1 http://www.amazon.com/Arion-Legacy-AR506-BK-Speaker-Subwoofers/dp/B0039NM52Q/ref=sr_1_15?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1421127923&sr=1-15&keywords=computer+speakers#customerReviews

These 70 watt speakers seem like they should satisfy his needs for now. However, I don't really know much about the brand and I was hoping someone here might know if they are decent or good. They do have some perks, like separate tweeters, a little screen, and a remote. (I like the tweeters because so many computer compatible speakers don't have them).

What I'm asking you fine fellows about is your knowledge of comparable products in a similar or smaller price range. I want to set $50 as a soft limit on the price, and I would prefer to not push it further. Ideally I would want to get something around $30, as I know that going to less won't end particularly well for a gaming and sometimes partying setup.

Also, I'm considering checking out a local goodwill. Is that just a bad idea altogether as far as speakers are concerned?

I'm not sure about that speaker as I've never heard one myself, but for your price range .. I know Logitech z323 sounds pretty good when I heard it on display .. I think it was around $80 but I've seen it on sale for around $60