[Seeking Recommendations]The most unexciting Monitor thread ever (this week)

Looking for some recommendations for a monitor for my parents in the 22" - 24" area, bigger is fine too.  No real bells and whistles sought beyond reliability and value.

Primary uses are as a facebook/streaming machine.  No gaming, 4k, 1440 or document real estate concerns.  I didn't expect to be having a hard time picking one, but I am.

The kinds of streams are Soccer matches and news/local programming from my parents respective homelands/hometowns.

IPS is something of a requirement with the kind of vision loss mum is developing, and for the improved viewing angles for the weekends when they watch together.

3 grand kids whom are cared for virtually daily by their grandparents, oldest currently 4, are all drawn to electronics as though under an irresistible spell.  So some measure of "solidness" is a plus.

Money is a thing but not the be all and end all deciding factor.

The first two that come to mind are the Dell U2414H or the Acer H236HLbmid. Both fairly cheap IPS panels. The Dell is the better monitor, with a matte finish (good for bright environments) and the stand is much better (also VESA). 

How about the Dell P2314H? It's a solid IPS monitor with a dimming circuit for brightness control rather than PWM (so no backlight flickering possible), or the P2414H for the 24" version. The U2414H is also an option but I don't think it's necessary, as it's really paying extra for DisplayPort daisy-chaining, factory color calibration, and slim bezel.

asus mx239h is a pretty slick looking thing, comes in 27' too, if youre interested 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?