Headset interference?

yourdad165

When I play games and look around the frequency changes. It's basically an annoying high-pitches frequency changing noise depending on what I'm doing in the game. It's the most annoying thing ever once you start paying attention to it. It is not coming out of my PC so it is not a hardware coil whine issue. My old PSU did have a slight buzzing noise but I swapped it and it's fine now. I only hear it when I put on my headset and I've heard a name for it somewhere called "Electro-magnetic interference." I've heard that some solutions can be a dedicated sound card or a USB headset but is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help. If I have to I will buy a standalone mic and some high-quality headphones which I actually already have. (Bose)

Edit: I have the Razer Kraken Pros and they use audio and mic jacks.

DOnt use input on front of your PC case ;). If u still gettting this using your rear end audio then your mobo is faulty.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

DOnt use input on front of your PC case ;). If u still gettting this using your rear end audio then your mobo sux.

That is where I'm getting the noise from. I don't think it's a bad motherboard, it's a Gigabyte Gaming 5 board.

That is where I'm getting the noise from. I don't think it's a bad motherboard, it's a Gigabyte Gaming 5 board.

Well that shouldnt be happening or one your other components is causing it (Hdd, gpu or something else). I dont know. Someone else will surely help u :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well that shouldnt be happening or one your other components is causing it (Hdd, gpu or something else). I dont know. Someone else will surely help u :)

Okay thanks.

EMI

If you've tried all the ports on your mobo already, and none are without the issue, best to get an external DAC to solve the problem. Syba DAC is cheap.

EMI

If you've tried all the ports on your mobo already, and none are without the issue, best to get an external DAC to solve the problem. Syba DAC is cheap.

A sound card can't fix this problem or a new headset? I will go grab the Kraken 7.1s from my other PC and try them for a bit. They use USB rather than audio / mic.

A sound card can't fix this problem or a new headset? I will go grab the Kraken 7.1s from my other PC and try them for a bit. They use USB rather than audio / mic.

Syba Dac is a soundcard tho, and it solves the EMI issue the only way you can. 

Syba Dac is a soundcard tho, and it solves the EMI issue the only way you can. 

Isn't it an external sound card though?

Isn't it an external sound card though?

Yeah, which is a good thing. 

I recently had a similar problem and it turned out to be noise produced from having a wifi adapter plugged into the case USB (any of them, front or back).  Stuck it on the end of a USB extension cord and the problem went away.  I suspected my cordless mouse at first.  My cell phone makes detectable noise in the audio if it's close to the cabling or case too.  Wireless communication can cause all kinds of havoc.  Maybe try eliminating any wireless USB devices first?

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system