Alloy sound ( Dynamic Driver )

Go to solution Solved by SSL,

The voice coil is usually made from copper-clad aluminum wire or pure copper. The general convention is that the diaphragm should have as low a mass as possible to improve control and responsiveness.

So iv recently got a " broken " headphone ( The male jack cables were riped apart because the previous owner used the cable to detach the female jack ) and done a tear down of the headphone till I got the dynamic drivers out . fiddled with them a bit . And then I saw the copper coiling inside of it and it got me wondering : does the coiled copper alloy inside of the dynamic driver make a difference than the other alloys out there ? As in do they make the sound better or change how the headphone sounds ?

For example , I am building a headphone and picked dynamic drivers as the choice , and instead of choosing coiled copper I would choose something else than cooper , like gold ( for example ) and by doing this , i am thinking this will alter the sound in a way , is this possible ?

The voice coil is usually made from copper-clad aluminum wire or pure copper. The general convention is that the diaphragm should have as low a mass as possible to improve control and responsiveness.