2 gpu`s from diferent provider\

Dog Knight

Can i have a Nvdia gpu with a AMD gpu in the same sistem, without any problems?

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

Will work as long as they have the same architecture and VRAM.

Not true. Different cards should be able to work independently as long as their drivers don't conflict for some reason.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How can they have the same architecture my friend? you can absolutely run both in one system, but if you are asking if they will work simultaneously to power your games, then I'm afraid the answer is no.

Not true. Different cards should be able to work independently as long as their drivers don't conflict for some reason.

But then that's not SLI?

Correction: Just saw the OP's updated post.

uH...So what is your question?

i hit enter and send by accident, i edited it sorry man

Insomnia!

How can they have the same architecture my friend? you can absolutely run both in one system, but if you are asking if they will work simultaneously to power your games, then I'm afraid the answer is no.

i'm not going to use SLI, i have a r9 280x(trying to get a 290x), and was thinking of getting a 960(when it comes out)

i want 1 pc that has nvidia and amd, i love both companies

i currently have 2 pc`s a i5-3570k-280x build (for gaming)

and a Amd 8350-GTX TITAN build (for photoshop, blender, video editing)

i wanna Have 1 pc im selling both and getting around 4k, so i want to have a gtx card(beacuse i like them for editing stuff)and a amd card (for gaming)

and yes its a waste of money when i can do it for WAY cheaper.

also i dont like SLI or CrossFire

Edited by Dog Knight
Insomnia!

i'm not going to use SLI, i have a r9 280x(trying to get a 290x), and was thinking of getting a 960(when it comes out)

i want 1 pc that has nvidia and amd, i love both companies

i currently have 2 pc`s a i5-3570k-280x build (for gaming)

and a Amd 8350-GTX TITAN build (for photoshop, blender, video editing)

i wanna Have 1 pc im selling both and getting around 4k, so i want to have a gtx card(beacuse i like them for editing stuff)and a amd card (for gaming)

and yes its a waste of money when i can do it for WAY cheaper.

also i dont like SLI or CrossFire

You can get way more performance and less power consumption out of your PC if you just go with one GTX 970, or even two 970s.

But if you absolutely want to have both Nvidia and AMD cards in the system, you can surely do it. They'll just work fine as long as the drivers don't conflict in any way. You just plug the monitor into whichever GPU you want to use it'll do all the work, while the other GPU will stay idle. But nobody has done this ever for a prolonged use scenario, so I don't think anyone can prepare you for whatever may come when you load up the system, or compatibility issues with drivers, games and other software in Windows.

My advice, just get two 970s, best performance for your money at this moment. Those cards are good for atleast 4 years, given that the development rate stays constant. But the decision is yours in the end.

You can get way more performance and less power consumption out of your PC if you just go with one GTX 970, or even two 970s.

But nobody has done this ever for a prolonged use scenario, so I don't think anyone can prepare you for whatever may come when you load up the system, or compatibility issues with drivers, games and other software in Windows.

I have--it works fine. 

The issue with 970's is that they aren't that well supported by content creation programs yet. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.