[Win8] annoying language bar

pctr

[sOLVED]

Hey guys! I've got this tiresome problem:

My wireless mouse is displayed as a mouse+keyboard combo (its usb receiver most likely supports a keyboard too).

Qb0kXds.jpg

After windows installed drivers for the mouse this stupid language toggle showed up in my taskbar

tRa97AM.jpg

I can't disable the english language (and thus get rid of this language icon), because I don't even have enabled

IVHjq4q.jpg

I figured out I can disable this icon in taskbar properties (customizing notification area icons -> system icons) like that:

dtAxiir.jpg

But the win+space shortcut is still active so I can accidentally engage it and disable polish accents

EYVQjT9.jpg

Also the icon reappears upon next boot, so I have to keep disabling it again - it won't die

It's a mediocre plug&play mouse, I didn't get a CD with it, and on the manufacturer's website there are no drivers as well.

Linus' community is the best and I hope you guys can help me figure out how to fix that issue! Did any of you have this problem and managed to solve it?

I suspect its a startup program causing it, from the metro menu search for msconfig, a window should open, one of the tabs is labelled startup, see if there's anything in there that might be causing it

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I suspect its a startup program causing it, from the metro menu search for msconfig, a window should open, one of the tabs is labelled startup, see if there's anything in there that might be causing it
I tried that and there are no 'suspicious' entries on the startup list.

ooOH, wait a second! The problem was caused by a startup program, but it didn't appear on the list. That program was x-mouse button control. I've uninstalled it and everything is ok. Thanks a lot!

Could you suggest an alternative software to reconfigure actions of mouse buttons?

Er, it depends on if it needs the custom drivers. I know my keyboards macros wont work without its own drivers.. I don't know of any generic software to do it.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?