How to stop BSOD at the Windows Logo when using a new motherboard.

Hey guys, Just a quick post that I think will come in useful at some point to most people when upgrading your motherboard and cpu.

So recently I have been building some computers for a few friends, migrating some hardware between cases and so on, and well, a common problem I come across when booting the systems back up is BSOD at the windows logo, now if you are well prepared, have had some sleep you will make note of the sata/drive config in the previous system's bios. Now this config will be set to either IDE, AHCI or RAID. Now when you boot a new system up using the same boot drive this setting needs to be the same, or you will most likely see a BSOD at, during or after the windows logo.

Now, this is different for all systems, it is very common for a system to be set to AHCI with an AHCI drive and still BSOD, so you may want to try IDE as well just in case, and 9 times out of 10 after that first boot, you will be able to change it back and all systems are go, sometimes a bios has funny little issues that are often unexplained but easily fixed.

If you face this problem I hope this helps :)

If you still have the old MB then you can put the HD back on the old MB then run sysprep and generize the system, this will reset all the drivers and whatnot so you can install the hard drive in another motherboard.