If you own a k70 rgb reply here!

hansnothanz

Just wanted your feed back on your glorious K70 RGB and is it worth your money? any problems with it? general thoughts on the keyboard and whats bad about it? what switches are you using? 

And also if you can post a picture of it that would be awesome.

Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

Just wanted your feed back on your glorious K70 RGB and is it worth your money? any problems with it? general thoughts on the keyboard and whats bad about it? what switches are you using? 

Thanks!

I don't personally own a K70 RGB, but I wish I did.

If you're going to buy a K70 RGB, get the brown switches, in my opinion the red switches aren't that great.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I just got the confirmation that my order of a Corsair K70 RGB cherry mx blue will arrive at friday soooooo im stooked :D

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

I just got the confirmation that my order of a Corsair K70 RGB cherry mx blue will arrive at friday soooooo im stooked  :D

I just got the confirmation that my order of a Corsair K70 RGB cherry mx blue will arrive at friday soooooo im stooked :D

Just a heads up. Mx Blue on the RGB line have had a very low yield rate. So don't be surprised if you have to RMA it because of that.

Just a heads up. Mx Blue on the RGB line have had a very low yield rate. So don't be surprised if you have to RMA it because of that.

Yeah ive reed the post and i was surprised that my local retailer managed to order the keyboard and im praying that it will be delivered this friday, and sorry for being a noob but what does RMA stand for? hehe

Yeah ive reed the post and i was surprised that my local retailer managed to order the keyboard and im praying that it will be delivered this friday, and sorry for being a noob but what does RMA stand for? hehe

It stands for 'return merchandise authorization'. Basically, that you return it.

I wish you the best with your K70 though! Hopefully it's a good one.

Why whats the problem with the Cherry mx blue edition of the K70 RGB that i have to RMA it?

Thanks!

Bro, where in Imus are you? I'm from Bacoor. BTW, where did you order your K70 RGB?

Why whats the problem with the Cherry mx blue edition of the K70 RGB that i have to RMA it?

I don't think it has any problems. A blue switch is still a Cherry MX switch, and all Cherry MX switches are typically very reliable. People typically didn't want blue switches for gaming. So little people did that I heard from someone on this forum that Corsair is discontinuing the production of the blue switches in their keyboards. Looks like you're lucky that you picked it up when you did.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't think it has any problems. A blue switch is still a Cherry MX switch, and all Cherry MX switches are typically very reliable. People typically didn't want blue switches for gaming. So little people did that I heard from someone on this forum that Corsair is discontinuing the production of the blue switches in their keyboards. Looks like you're lucky that you picked it up when you did.

The amount of switches they produce for RGB blue switches and the switches they have left-over after production when they do quality control just wasn't enough to keep up with demand.

Cherry has very high manufacturing tolerances, and the blue switch is one of the most complicated ones to make, adding an RGB LED and other fine tweaks makes it harder to produce them, resulting in less "acceptable" switches after production.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The amount of switches they produce for RGB blue switches and the switches they have left-over after production when they do quality control just wasn't enough to keep up with demand.

Cherry has very high manufacturing tolerances, and the blue switch is one of the most complicated ones to make, adding an RGB LED and other fine tweaks makes it harder to produce them, resulting in less "acceptable" switches after production.

Ahh, I see. Makes sense I suppose.

I just wish Corsair would use black or clear switches. I don't like the main three switches honestly, and I really like Corsair's keyboard design with the keys that aren't recessed and the clear switch covers that prevent ESD, so I don't want another keyboard. :unsure:

I think it would be kind of awesome if Corsair made a limited amount of black switches for the K70/K95 RGB, as those are fairly popular and I'm sure making them in limited quantities wouldn't cost them any/too much profit.

Привет товарищ ))))

Bro, where in Imus are you? I'm from Bacoor. BTW, where did you order your K70 RGB?

From pcworx festival mall

Because ive seen a lot of reviews on neweggg that the feel of some keys on their k70 with cherry mx blue switches are inconsistent and some feel like browns and reds, ans some keys have no audible click to them, their even videos on youtube that show this problem, should i be worried?

Because ive seen a lot of reviews on neweggg that the feel of some keys on their k70 with cherry mx blue switches are inconsistent and some feel like browns and reds, ans some keys have no audible click to them, their even videos on youtube that show this problem, should i be worried?

I wouldn't be worried. Something happens just RMA it.

Привет товарищ ))))

I wouldn't be worried. Something happens just RMA it.

Thanks man. Im praying to gaben gaming god creator of steam right now that my unit is defect free :D

From pcworx festival mall

Okay thanks. Gonna get one by next week. :) I'll go with browns. 

Okay thanks. Gonna get one by next week. :) I'll go with browns.

Awesome :)

i have had my k65 rgb mx red for a little over a week now, so happy with it. really premium feel, build quality is amazing.

red switches, i was worried about no tactile feedback since i was used to rubberdome keys, but it was no problem, feels like a dream now, might get o-rings for wasd space ctrl and shift cause id like to bottom out earlier, but thats just me being picky.

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

People typically didn't want blue switches for gaming.

Unless you're a Starcraft Prodigy like Life or Flash  :P

I did some hunting, someone from Corsair has confirmed it.

Well, if I want clicky RGB switches, looks like I'm going back to Razer....

Edit: God damnit that sucks..... that really, really, really sucks....

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM