whats a good nas to buy?

imperialplanet
Go to solution Solved by dadasmithywinkle,

If you can find one for a good price, I believe the Asustor AS-604T would work well for you. Generally, it's around $590. The Synology DiskStation DS412+ may also be a good option, with a lower price @ $570. WD also makes a few, if you want to go that route.

I am looking at nases and whats a good nas that's energy efficient but powerful to run a plex server, and possibly a vpn or would it be better to build one?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Price range?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Price range?

$500, my bad. 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

If you can find one for a good price, I believe the Asustor AS-604T would work well for you. Generally, it's around $590. The Synology DiskStation DS412+ may also be a good option, with a lower price @ $570. WD also makes a few, if you want to go that route.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

thanks, i like the Asustor the best. 

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I am looking at nases and whats a good nas that's energy efficient but powerful to run a plex server, and possibly a vpn or would it be better to build one?

Hey imperialplanet,

@dadasmithywinkle gave you some good options.

I could suggest checking the WD NAS devices and see if any of them meets your requirements: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/catalog/default.aspx?segment=4#jump5
I would advise you, though, to use RAID/NAS class drives in whichever NAs you choose. A good NAS drive would be WD Red. Having NASware 3.0 and other great features, it works smoothly and safely. Here's a link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=810.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/