Help picking a raid card under $200?

Drethstoff

I want to raid 0 like 4-6 ssd. I know I won't see any performance increase or anything from a single ssd but that is not the goal :P. Its for the fun of it lol. I just want to play around with running my machine with a raid array(rolls of the tongue like death star) and get a feel for it. Basically I have never tried to pick out anything like a raid card. I'm not looking to use my motherboard as the raid controller. It doesn't have enough sata 6gbp/s ports.

From what I have read so far, this seems to be the best option in this price range.

Am I missing anything? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/HighPoint-Rock.../dp/B0050SLTPC

Looking around Amazon, I can't personally find anything better then that. It seems like you can't go wrong with that card! Try other vendors though, don't limit yourself to Amazon.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

Ok, I'll see if I can find it somewhere else. I just linked amazon because it was the first one on google when I looking for the link lol. I just wish the mini-sas to 4 sata fan cables were cheaper.

One more question on those cables though. Are they the same as sata cables in that they both carry sata3 and sata2?