Interpolation and Anti Aliasing...what to set?

WinNut
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Anti-Aliasing removes the jaggieness you see along edges in some games, smoothens it down.

Higher the number in the box, more the smoothening action is applied, but can decrease FPS dramatically as said above ^^

display-properties-03-aaexample.jpg

Personally I dont notice jaggies all that much, even with 2x or 4x you'll be fine.

EDIT: The mode option refers to the (basic) kind of AA that will be done.

Hi! 

I've been playing OpenBVE (an open-source train simulator) for a while now, and this section in "Options" has confused me:

SjdUS19.png

What does this box do? Should I leave it as-is or edit it in some way?

My processor is an i5-2450M and I'm running the HD 3000 iGPU.

Thanks for your help.

Generally speaking, antialiasing and anisotropic filtering will make it look better, but will reduce fps by a lot.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Anti-Aliasing removes the jaggieness you see along edges in some games, smoothens it down.

Higher the number in the box, more the smoothening action is applied, but can decrease FPS dramatically as said above ^^

display-properties-03-aaexample.jpg

Personally I dont notice jaggies all that much, even with 2x or 4x you'll be fine.

EDIT: The mode option refers to the (basic) kind of AA that will be done.

Generally speaking, antialiasing and anisotropic filtering will make it look better, but will reduce fps by a lot.

Thanks!

snip snop

Peronsally I dont notice jaggies all that much, even with 2x or 4x you'll be fine.

The textures that the developers use are really smooth, so I think I'll be fine without it. Thanks!