Which drive do I boot off of?

I currently have 2 SSDs that I want to install, one is a 2.5" Kingston 240 GB SSD. The other is one I received from a friend, it is 1.8" 128 GB and MicroSATA. Based on the label it appears to have been manufactured by Lenovo. I do have a MSATA to SATA adapter. 

Which drive do I boot off of and which drive do I run programs off of?

I also have a 1 TB 5400 HDD that has been my boot drive for almost a year.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

You should probably use the Kingston SSD as your boot SSD and your 1 tb drive for storage  

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

You should probably use the Kingston SSD as your boot SSD and your 1 tb drive for storage  

and then run programs off the smaller SSD?

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Boot off the 240 GB. Use the 128 GB for caching the 5400 rpm.  If you're on Intel chipset check out Intel smart caching for free caching software, otherwise can pick up Primocache (paid).

and then run programs off the smaller SSD?

That would be fine. I currently used 160 gb for only the OS and some essential programs (temp monitors) And some overclocking utilities. 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

That would be fine. I currently used 160 gb for only the OS and some essential programs (temp monitors) And some overclocking utilities. 

i was planning to boot off the smaller drive as i have a lot of programs and would want the extra space for that. i am simply not sure if the fact that it is microSATA would bottleneck it? would it be noticeable?

Solitaire. 

I currently have 2 SSDs that I want to install, one is a 2.5" Kingston 240 GB SSD. The other is one I received from a friend, it is 1.8" 128 GB and MicroSATA. Based on the label it appears to have been manufactured by Lenovo. I do have a MSATA to SATA adapter. 

Which drive do I boot off of and which drive do I run programs off of?

I also have a 1 TB 5400 HDD that has been my boot drive for almost a year.

Hey Stardar1,

I would boot from the larger SSD and put the more demanding programs on it and the rest on the smaller SSD and use the HDD for less demanding games and media. 

@tmlhalo also has a good idea if you would like to look into that.

the mSATA SSD shouldn't bottleneck anything as you would probably be running its full potential on the SATA 6Gb/s port. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/