Budget school laptop - No gaming needs

My old laptop broke and the workshop wanted the full price for the pc (that i bought 2 years ago) to repair it, i refused, and thus i need a new laptop.

Any and all tips, help, ideas and recommendations are happily received!

Requirements

• at most 500$ the lower the better
  • Uses
    • Reddit browsing
    • Microsoft Word / Power Point / Excel
    • CPU "intensive" programs
      • TIA by Siemens
      • Visual Studio 2013 (not required but preferred
  • No GPU required, i wont be gaming on it
  • 1920x1080 would be nice, however i am aware this is a luxury
  • LAN Connector

Current competitors

Acer Inspire ES1-512

Packard bell easynote TG71

Lenovo flex 2

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I used this laptop for school, and it handled itself pretty well, even with programs with 3D rendering, has very nice build quality, and is good for most general applications and even some light (and I do mean light) games.

Although I believe the Lenovo flex 2 is the best option, just giving you another

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Needs a LAN since when uploading data to Physical devices from TIA it happens by LAN connection

I used this laptop for school, and it handled itself pretty well, even with programs with 3D rendering, has very nice build quality, and is good for most general applications and even some light (and I do mean light) games.

Although I believe the Lenovo flex 2 is the best option, just giving you another

Im quessing you mean the one ZetZet recommended, i'll look into it, Thanks!

Needs a LAN since when uploading data to Physical devices from TIA it happens by LAN connection

Im quessing you mean the one ZetZet recommended, i'll look into it, Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-Network-Chromebook-Specific/dp/B00484IEJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420539660&sr=8-1&keywords=lan+usb

This could work if you need it only sometimes..?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'll look more into it, im just thinking that TIA is very finnicky, it uses very expensive serials and connects via the onboard network card interface, but if it's useable it's a good idea,thanks!