Will a ModMic/AT2020 pick up Sennheiser HD 598 sound leakage?

Whorax

There's like a $15 difference in the two on Amazon right now. Which one would I overall be more satisfied with? I guess the thing that really matters most is getting good balanced sound and really good positional audio/soundstage for games like CS:GO so I can pinpoint footstep locations.

Are they both essentially the same exact headphone but different color and better sound quality (or is sound quality kind of negligible if you aren't an audiophile type of listener)? I'm honestly kind of temped to get the 558s even though the 598s are only $15 more expensive because the 598s are ugly as sin!

Either way with whichever one I choose to buy if I so happen to buy a pair of one of these, I'll be getting an AntLion ModMic 4.0 to use for the time being and then I'll probably end up buying an Audio-Technica AT2020. With these both being open, is the sound leakage bad enough that the mics will pick up sound if I'm playing at a comfortable (reasonable) sound level?

Thanks for any information.

Edit: I think I'm going to get the HD 598s. With that being said, will a mic pick up the sound leakage?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I'd say get the 598s, and anyways you won't be wearing them outside either way  :P (or I hope not)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I'd say for $15 more, 598

I'd say get the 598s, and anyways you won't be wearing them outside either way  :P (or I hope not)

Yeah, I was reading a forum post somewhere else about them being debatably ugly and someone made a good and obvious point. I guess when they're on my head I won't see them anyways. :lol:

Would either of you two know how curved the ear part of the 598s are? Like would I have any trouble attaching the ModMic with the adhesive it comes with? They seem very curved on the outside and I'm not sure how well the ModMic would stick onto them.

Привет товарищ ))))

Yeah, I was reading a forum post somewhere else about them being debatably ugly and someone made a good and obvious point. I guess when they're on my head I won't see them anyways. :lol:

Would either of you two know how curved the ear part of the 598s are? Like would I have any trouble attaching the ModMic with the adhesive it comes with? They seem very curved on the outside and I'm not sure how well the ModMic would stick onto them.

I saw this on google images, so I think you should be good :) 

BvKLH_DCAAAAIX3.jpg

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

enjoy your mod mic btw, I love mine :)

I saw this on google images, so I think you should be good :)

BvKLH_DCAAAAIX3.jpg

Awesome, thanks! I guess I could've done a quick Google search had I thought about it, haha. Oh well, it's 1a.m. here. :lol:

I'm sure I will. Videos I've watched about it make it sound very impressive actually. The sound quality is really great for an attachable $50 mic in my opinion. It's gotta sound better than the mic on my Turtle Beach x12 for making the occasional YouTube video without making peoples' ears bleed as well. :P

Привет товарищ ))))