I have a hot room, and I have a question

So my room is hot... My PC doesn't help...

Its running an AMD stock cooler and I feel like im should upgrade to something like the hyper 212 or whatever is newest, but first i have a question...

If I get a more efficient heat sink, does the heat output by my computer go up?

I'm still probably going to have to reinstall the AC unit anyway...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. A more efficient heat sink will have high thermal conductivity (i.e. move the heat away from the CPU faster) which results in cooler overall temperatures and better performance/longevity. It does nothing to change the actual heat output by the CPU directly, that's the result of CPU design, voltage, etc.

EDIT: Ahhhh I think you mean, will the room get hotter because you're forcing out more heat with a better cooling solution? Theoretically yes, but I doubt you could tell a noticeable difference in ambient temperature in practice.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Yes. The heat output of your computer will go up.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. A more efficient heat sink will have high thermal conductivity (i.e. move the heat away from the CPU faster) which results in cooler overall temperatures and better performance/longevity. It does nothing to change the actual heat output by the CPU directly, that's the result of CPU design, voltage, etc.

He means exhausting more heat from the case.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yes. The heat output of your computer will go up.

It really depends, the output itself to the environment shouldn't be changed, since the same amount of current is transformed into heat.

More fans on the other hand can help to cool down everything.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

It really depends, the output itself to the environment shouldn't be changed, since the same amount of current is transformed into heat.

But more heat will also be exhausted.

But more heat will also be exhausted.

Even an airtight case will radiate all it's heat eventually

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

NO it won't! The heatsink has nothing to do with how much heat the CPU creates, the heatsink just gets rid of the heat. In the end the same amount of heat will be released no matter what heatsink you choose. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

More fans on the other hand can help to cool down everything.

More fans will only move the air away from the Cpu more efficiently rather than keeping the room cooler. If he wants to cool the room then he should have an air-conditioner which actually cools the air rather than just stirring it around. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

More fans will only move the air away from the Cpu more efficiently rather than keeping the room cooler. If he wants to cool the room then he should have an air-conditioner which actually cools the air rather than just stirring it around. 

Well i don't exactly know, but my room fans seem to keep my room cooler, even with closed door and windows

NO it won't! The heatsink has nothing to do with how much heat the CPU creates, the heatsink just gets rid of the heat. In the end the same amount of heat will be released no matter what heatsink you choose.

Depending on your airflow, more or less heat will come out of the case. Effectively pushing more heat into the room. Effectively making it hotter in that area.

Well i don't exactly know, but my room fans seem to keep my room cooler, even with closed door and windows

Maybe the convection currents help a bit but the actual overall amount of heat in the room will stay the same.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"