New PC

loganrp
Go to solution Solved by loganrp,

Here is the final outcome of my PC. It is a bit over my budget but I can make it be. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTjtHx

So I've decided today that I want to build a new PC. Here's the issue... My budget is literally $500. I may be able to slip over +$200 if absolutly necessary, but otherwise, I'm looking for sales. Ignoring my budget I need an honest opinion. Whatever PC I will build will contain an Intel Haswell processer, and my debate is whether to get an Intel Core i5 that has overclocking abilities, an Intel Core i7 with overclocking abilities, or as a starter processer, a downgrade from my current desktop processer (Intel Core i5 2400 CPU Quad Core), the Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition, dual core processer that also has overclocking abilities. After purchasing the processer I will purchase the board that I like and that will fit the processer and with money left over, stuff like the graphics card, case, psu. I already have dual drives that will be moved over to the new PC (Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD, WD Blue 750 GB HDD) and other stuff like a keyboard, mouse, etc. If worst comes to worst, I'll move the 4GB of DDR3 ram from my current PC to my new one, however I would like to eventually put more ram in it, even if I have to wait until I have more money.

So I've decided today that I want to build a new PC. Here's the issue... My budget is literally $500. I may be able to slip over +$200 if absolutly necessary, but otherwise, I'm looking for sales. Ignoring my budget I need an honest opinion. Whatever PC I will build will contain an Intel Haswell processer, and my debate is whether to get an Intel Core i5 that has overclocking abilities, an Intel Core i7 with overclocking abilities, or as a starter processer, a downgrade from my current desktop processer (Intel Core i5 2400 CPU Quad Core), the Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition, dual core processer that also has overclocking abilities. After purchasing the processer I will purchase the board that I like and that will fit the processer and with money left over, stuff like the graphics card, case, psu. I already have dual drives that will be moved over to the new PC (Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD, WD Blue 750 GB HDD) and other stuff like a keyboard, mouse, etc. If worst comes to worst, I'll move the 4GB of DDR3 ram from my current PC to my new one, however I would like to eventually put more ram in it, even if I have to wait until I have more money.

Usage? Type of usage that is.

I think the GPU in this one will be bottlenecked until you can upgrade the CPU. But here ya go anyway.

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($51.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $495.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-05 19:00 EST-0500

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Unless you go 600-700$ you won't be able to get an i7 especially with non stock coooler. 

(I am talking about with a proper gpu)

But for this budget I would rather go with an i5 (if you want to go team intel).

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

You all have been a great help. I'm actually considering dadasmittywinkles build he created for me. Right now I'm running on a prebuilt pc I won off of Ebay and planned to overhaul, only to find that the motherboard is quite locked to the stock parts. It's not bad but now that I've run into an issue with one of the fans and can not replace it with an aftermarket fan from a better brand, wasting $19 bucks for a used fan to replace it with is not in my budget and I'd rather build a pc of my own.

I would also like to include a few "pet-peevs" I have. I want a Corsair case with a side panel window, and an ATX motherboard from either Gigabyte, MSI, or Asus. The pentium would be temporary until I had some more money to upgrade to an i5 or i7. Honestly I would prefer a higher end card such as the GeForce GTX 770, 780, etc, but I know I have to start somewhere and the 750 Ti should work fine for me. I don't prefer AMD, and simply because I've been an Intel nerd all of my life, and I've always considered AMD to be the "off-brand" of Nvidia, EVGA, etc. Preferred brands for parts are Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, Cooler Master, Corsair, Silverstone Tek (For smaller parts like sata cables, fan filters, etc), Intel, EVGA, G. Skill, Kingston, and a few others I may have forgotten to include. I am open mined to try new thins as long as they have good reviews and look sleek. I know it's impossible to get everything I want with my limited budget, but I want to try as hard as I can to get the most of what I want with my limited budget. In this PC build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TBCN99, I am happy with the power supply, GPU, CPU, and RAM, but I would much prefer this Corsair case http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-c70-mid-tower-gaming-case-arctic-white and an ATX motherboard with at least 4 ram slots.