This is a website that I was led to awhile ago from an advertisement and I was completely blown away with it. This marks the fastest workstation computer I have ever seen. 

This computer can be customized to hold 768 Gbs of RAM and two Intel Xeon processors to a total of 16 cores, as well as holding 3 nVidia Quadro-6000 professional graphics cards.

The computer of course is not meant for gaming but instead professional music and video rendering, but I'm sure you could swap out the graphics cards to your liking, assuming you want to spend $40'000 on a workstation.

Here's the link main website: http://www.musiccomputing.com/coremc

Here's the customization page: http://www.musiccomputing.com/store/product.php?productid=17693&cat=266&page=1

I'd love to see Linus's opinion on this computer, not that I'm considering a purchase or anything :) 

Nice find but does a workstation really count as a consumer home computer if you know what I mean?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Nice find but does a workstation really count as a consumer home computer if you know what I mean?

I just meant that it fits inside your house XD

AKA not a supercomputer or something

All specs max: ~$55,000 O_O

I like how they charge $150 for 4GB DDR3 RAM. Reminds me of some other company...*COUGH*APPLE*COUGH*

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

One of my side hobbies is building and installing small scale home studios for local wannabe startlets and shady rappers, and since I've had previous production and mixing experience, started considering building a serious, professional level studio as a business. One of the things I realized after true, actual in depth research is that, for most things in computer-aided music production, the more expensive something is, the MORE care and maintenance it needs, not LESS as most people assume.

I don't know how that applies to this topic, but thought I'd chime in anyways. In music production, hardware and software marketed for "professionals" are wildly overpriced.  Thats why a LARGE number of studios and mobile recording businesses are using MacPro towers from 2005/'06 still running ProTools HD3, which was around the time ProTools blew up because every wannabe rapper wanted a ballin' studio like the big dogs.

I'm not sure any OS supports that much RAM... I'm not sure that it even has Windows on it

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I'm not sure any OS supports that much RAM... I'm not sure that it even has Windows on it

Ya I was wondering how they pulled that off too, maybe it's a modified version or something.

hmm yeah, windows 8 64 bit has a ram limit of 512 GB

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

hmm yeah, windows 8 64 bit has a ram limit of 512 GB

I sent the support team on the website a message asking how the OS utilizes the RAM so I'll wait for their answer to that

I just meant that it fits inside your house XD

AKA not a supercomputer or something

You can fit a super computer in your hand

tesla-k20-series.jpg

You can fit a super computer in your hand

tesla-k20-series.jpg

At least the marketing says so, but in reality it is a card that is meant for workstations and supercomputers but not if you just put it inside a random gaming rig of course.

So I got a reply from the music computing support team and they said they do in fact use either Linux or Windows server

I guess they had to throw a little marketing in there too XD

Here's what they said:

Evan, 

Thank you for contacting us.  The RAM the CoreMC uses is ECC Registered Server RAM so it is more expensive than the typical RAM used by consumer computers.  Also you are probably looking at the price of the 32GB modules, which are brand new and because of that, carry a premium.  

However for our clients who use CoreMC computer to do their work, it is very reasonable as it allows them to complete their work much quicker.  

We have been told by one client he is making about $200K more each year by using a CoreMC.  $200K is about the price of four top of the line CoreMCs.

As for using the entire 768GB of RAM, Windows Server and Linux are operating systems that can handle 768GB of RAM.

However we also posted this on the CoreMC product page for clarification:    
Ahead of the Curve: More often than not it’s software that is more advanced than hardware, thereby forcing users to upgrade expensive hardware every few years. CoreMC is the reverse of this because it is so advanced; many software applications and even the operating system cannot yet fully utilize its capabilities at this time. For example, the current version of Windows 8 Professional can only access up to 512GB of RAM, however; it is nice to know when its features are improved in future versions, CoreMC will still be able to take full advantage of it without having to be replaced. Save time, money and future headaches by investing in advanced hardware now instead of playing catch-up later. This is what we call future-proofing your investment.

We hope this has shed some light into the matter.  Thank you once again for contacting us and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again anytime. 

Sincerely, 

Sales@MusicComputing.com

Thank you for contacting us.  The RAM the CoreMC uses is ECC Registered Server RAM so it is more expensive than the typical RAM used by consumer computers.  Also you are probably looking at the price of the 32GB modules, which are brand new and because of that, carry a premium.  

ECC RAM is still not that expensive. ~$50 for a 4GB DIMM, they are charging $150 for it.

We hope this has shed some light into the matter. Thank you once again for contacting us and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again anytime.

Sincerely,

Sales@MusicComputing.com

Hits send and stands up: "Who the f*** is Linus Sebastien?" "YEAAAAHHHHH"

So many weird things about this company:

*No client list - most music equipment companies shove their client list down your throat

*No Dealer list (and apparently no dealers) - Never seen a music equipment company sale directly from the site.

*Linux for a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) is as ridiculous as it sounds. In the music biz its either Windows or Mac

Maybe its just me.  Hopefully this is just some guy who's just starting up.

That case... <3

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I really want to see what the inside of this computer looks like!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Pricing is kinda stupid though, they want $149.99 for a Blue Ray drive...

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Pricing is kinda stupid though, they want $149.99 for a Blue Ray drive...

They're relying heavily on the ignorance of the customer, which given the industry , is in no short supply.