Dell OptiPlex 755 for $60. Is it worth it?

Hi.

My office is selling off it's old machines out of which I want to buy two. The Dell's have a C2D @2.3Ghz E6550 , 4GB 1333Mz DDR2 RAM for $60.

I want to use one of them as my FreeNAS server and the other as a normal machine for basic web browsing and word processing.

So a total investment of $120. Is it worth it? And should I buy an SSD for one of them? I think it would increase it's speed significantly.

Abhinav.

C2D are still not bad for general use and 4GB of RAM is enough. I'd say go for it.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Any chance you can negotiate?  But yes, those are fine for general usage still.  

C2D are still not bad for general use and 4GB of RAM is enough. I'd say go for it.

I've heard with a simple bios update it could support a C2Q 3Ghz. But a C2Q would be an overkill I suppose.

Any chance you can negotiate?  But yes, those are fine for general usage still.  

Chances of a negotiation are slim but I could try. What price do you think they should be at?

Not bad hardware for 60 bucks (given that it's functional).

Oh they work fine. I use them everyday at office.

I've heard with a simple bios update it could support a C2Q 3Ghz. But a C2Q would be an overkill I suppose.

Chances of a negotiation are slim but I could try. What price do you think they should be at?

Eh, 60 is fine.. but the lower the better right?  Try $45, but if you can't no big deal.