Would you like to see a discussion of what's between AMD and INTEL by Linus and Luke ?

Hi guys, 

I am a regular follower of Linus tech tips and I joined the forum recently.

We all know there is a never ending debate between "Whats best between amd and intel processors". I know this may sound funny, but I would like to have an open minded discussion on this topic (discussed by Linus and Luke, not by us members of the forum). :D 

Although I am not a fan boy of either of these brands, i usually am inclined towards intel when it comes to processors for obvious reasons like better raw performance per core and we dont need more than four course even while multitasking for regular daily use anyway. I know there are some strong areas for AMD too like better performance in OpenCL, Compression and Decompression rate etc.

Considering this as an opportunity, I would like to ask Linus to host a discussion on benefits of Intel or AMD as a small segment in a wan show or in some other way.

If you are open to the idea, please comment accordingly. :)

I personally would like Linus as team RED Leader and Luke as team BLUE leader. ;)

Comment if the discussion is worthless or if it is worth a discussion, who should pick what side?

PS: Remember guys, the primary purpose of this post is for to say whether Linus should do a video on this topic.

Q_Q Please. No. Stop! 

I can see the comments under the video already:

• INTEL MASTERRACE OMG AMD IS FOR PEASENTS
• AMD MUCH BETTER. INTEL FANGIRLS OMG SO EXPENSIVE

It would be interesting but the discussion has been so saturated there's really no point.

Thanx for ur comment

I would go Intel, I know many people would follow me. I don't dislike AMD, I'm just not a big fan of them

I would go Intel, I know many people would follow me. I don't dislike AMD, I'm just not a big fan of them

Yep, Intel dominates the high end market

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Yep, Intel dominates the high end market

Ok great. Should linus discuss on that matter too?

Really there isn't much to discuss. Intel has been in the lead for years. This is not like the GPU race where AMD and Nvidia keep trading blows.

If you want more in depth discussion about about CPUs, GPUs and other hardware listen to the pcper podcasts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc3lzolCKqOPP_ke5xnYtHF9fRzi_SfDE

• 2 weeks later...

There have already been tons of videos and discussions on this.  It is like comparing one android phone to another with similar specs.