USB Mic is being detected, But no Mic output.

MrNoFro
Go to solution Solved by SammyG145,

Does the headset with the mic need any drivers from the manufactures website to run? Could be a good place to start.

As title states, I have a USB mic that is being detected in windows but is not giving any mic output.  I use a pair of headphones for sound, and another headset for a microphone.  This worked for about a week on my new system, and then it blue screened once, and since the mic hasn't been working.  Any help is appreciated!

If you right click on your speaker icon in your taskbar there should be a menu item called Recording Devices where you can set the default device. You may find that your USB mic is no longer the default so can change it by right clicking on the relevant mic.

If you right click on your speaker icon in your taskbar there should be a menu item called Recording Devices where you can set the default device. You may find that your USB mic is no longer the default so can change it by right clicking on the relevant mic.

Already tried that :/

Does the headset with the mic need any drivers from the manufactures website to run? Could be a good place to start.

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

Already tried that :/

Perhaps a different USB port and look at the drivers that @SammyG145 mentioned.

You could potentially unplug the mic, delete the existing drivers and plug it in again see if they auto install.

Perhaps a different USB port and look at the drivers that @SammyG145 mentioned.

You could potentially unplug the mic, delete the existing drivers and plug it in again see if they auto install.

Since there are no manufactures drivers I assumed you meant through Device Manager and a restart later its working again! Thanks for your help!