Bungie's "Destiny" not on pc?

So some of you might know, or have ignored this but Bungie's new game Destiny seems to solely release on consoles this makees me sad because i really want this to come to pc.

I really hope bungie ports the game over to pc but as of right now Destiny can only be preorderd on consoles T.T

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

Odds are decent that it'll make its way to PC. Assassin's Creed 4 was initially not available for pre-order on PC, but is now. Watch Dogs and a bunch of other games announced for console so far should also have PC versions. Then again, those are probably all Ubisoft games. Whether Bungie will make a similar move is debatable. I hope they do.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

bungie games normally arent

originaly Halo ce was meant to be a rts that was going to release on pc until they made the deal with msoft.

correct me if i'am wrong but wasnt marathon and myth released on pc?

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/19/bungie-wants-destiny-on-as-many-platforms-as-possible/

“Well, I can’t talk about it. I mean, obviously we’d love to be on as many platforms as possible,” Staten said. “We want to get the game into as many hands as we can. But we’re not talking about PC right now. I know it’s painful; every time someone asks me that question I can see it in their eyes.”

Seems like they're still undecided on it, but I'd say there's a pretty decent chance that it would make it on PC.

originaly Halo ce was meant to be a rts that was going to release on pc until they made the deal with msoft.

correct me if i'am wrong but wasnt marathon and myth released on pc?

If I remember correctly, the Marathon series were only released on Mac.
Myth was released for both Windows and Mac platforms.

Halo in its early stages was ment to be released for the Macintosh as and RTS but as developement and testing continued earily on they moved to FPSand went the way with Microsoft after they were offered a deal to be a launch title for the Xbox in 2001. They then with the help of Gearbox released Halo CE to PC 2 years later. So even then with a new IP and no contract to Microsoft they might, if not a launch but later on give us PC gamers a chance to play.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Halo in its early stages was ment to be released for the Macintosh as and RTS but as developement and testing continued earily on they moved to FPSand went the way with Microsoft after they were offered a deal to be a launch title for the Xbox in 2001. They then with the help of Gearbox released Halo CE to PC 2 years later. So even then with a new IP and no contract to Microsoft they might, if not a launch but later on give us PC gamers a chance to play.

I sure hope so cause Destiny looks amazing :D

(thanks for the aditional information about bungie :))

I would hope they'd put Destiny onto the PC as well, but I am getting a console for the exclusive games. Bungie may do it, since they did get the original Halo onto the PC later.

It may be in the future but I wouldn't count on it.

I dont understand why they dont release on PC surely they do testing on PC so why not release the game it cant be that hard and surely the aim of a company is to make money, so why cut out a large portion of a potential market?

bungie games normally arent

Halo 2 was released for PC.

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

im seeing everywhere that it seems likely they are bringing it to pc...

btw halo 1 and 2 were both on pc

My favorite Bungie game ONI was a pc game ported by rock star to ps2.

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770

They're already developing Destiny (which is supposedly one of the biggest games ever in terms of the size of the traversable gameworld) for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

With some luck, and a display of interest from the PC gaming community, hopefully we'll get a PC port eventually.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Just remember, they are now paired with Activision, which means expect this game to be marketed similar to how COD has been marketed.

I have no doubt in my mind Activision will push for a PC release.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

If they see there is money to be made, they will port it. I just hope that it's done well.