Car subwoofer

EpikFlyingBrick

So, right now i have the logitech z623 system.  I want to add a car sub. How would I do this, I obviously need an amp, and a sub, but is there anything else you need to do in order to get this to work? Anyone have any experience in this?

Or would I just be better off getting a subwoofer already made for use with this type of situation

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

you can buy a subwoofer amp that takes 115v AC wall power from some place like ebay

or you can use a car sub amp and power it using a computer power supply

or you can use a home theatre receiver, but you might need a low-pass filter if the car sub has a higher frequency response of over 200Hz

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So, right now i have the logitech z623 system.  I want to add a car sub

Or would I just be better off getting a subwoofer already made for use with this type of situation

For the love of god, don't do the former, consider only the latter. 

Sell your Logitech soundmakers and buy a pair of bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. Find a receiver used and consult someone that isn't a moron about audio if you need help picking that out (i.e. ask here again, and not that one guy Jimmy from down the street) 

And keep the car subs in the car unless you have a very good niche reason to ignore design.

For the love of god, don't do the former, consider only the latter. 

Sell your Logitech soundmakers and buy a pair of bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. Find a receiver used and consult someone that isn't a moron about audio if you need help picking that out (i.e. ask here again, and not that one guy Jimmy from down the street) 

And keep the car subs in the car unless you have a very good niche reason to ignore design.

A nice sub is a nice sub regardless of were it is, I want to wire and place a PSW10 into my car. Its just that OP should think about making his whole system better then just adding more subs and hope that it sounds better. 

A nice sub is a nice sub regardless of were it is, I want to wire and place a PSW10 into my car. Its just that OP should think about making his whole system better then just adding more subs and hope that it sounds better. 

Similar to what I said, if you know what you're doing and have good reason, they're usable. 

Otherwise MacGyvering a sub with a PSU and amp for indoor use and then having it perform sub par because it was built for a different environment is something I would avoid, especially from some assumptions I can make about OP.

Why would you do that?

Because he has the Logitech sound systems, with the high quality bass, and would like to add some more qualities to it.