sennheiser hd 558/598

eadn22

i recently bought the corsair h2100 and i really dont like htey way they sound i could here some interference when play games etc, and people recommended me

to get a good pair of headphones a mod mic and a dac/amp and thats the way im going the hd 558/598 are around my budget and my question is is there another brand

or headphones better than this for around the same price?

i recently bought the corsair h2100 and i really dont like htey way they sound i could here some interference when play games etc, and people recommended me

to get a good pair of headphones a mod mic and a dac/amp and thats the way im going the hd 558/598 are around my budget and my question is is there another brand

or headphones better than this for around the same price?

Just so you know the 558 and 598 have the exact same drivers.

I love my 558 and recommend them just invest in a aftermarket cable as well if your using a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

Yes. The HD 518 which is the same as both for only $80.

beyerdynamic dt 990

ath m50x

You don't need an amp for the m50x or 558/598 just the dt990.

You don't need an amp for the 990 either, in the vast majority of cases. And of course, the M40x is the same as the M50x for less money.

You don't need an amp for the 990 either, in the vast majority of cases. And of course, the M40x is the same as the M50x for less money.

Well, I'm currently using the Beyerdynamic DT 990's and THEY SOUND AMAZING. However, I don't have an amp yet so I haven't used them to their full potential. But to what SSL said, you MAY or MAY NOT need one. Depends on your sound card. I'm using a MacBook Pro and I DO need one. Now, you could go with the 558's and do the so called "foam mod" and they would sound just like the 598's. However, if you just love the brand spankin' new Cadillac look the 598's have, go for those. Last but not least, I bought the Schiit Fulla to use as an amp/dac. It hasn't arrived yet so I can't say much about it.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

beyerdynamic dt 990

ath m50x

You don't need an amp for the m50x or 558/598 just the dt990.

i really like the look of the hd 558 the dt 990 are a bit more pricey and ugly in my opinion but if the sound quality is like 10x better than the hd 558 i will definitely get them. has anybody compare the two headphones?

and idk about the m50x im a lil skeptical  about the leather ear cups

Well, I'm currently using the Beyerdynamic DT 990's and THEY SOUND AMAZING. However, I don't have an amp yet so I haven't used them to their full potential. But to what SSL said, you MAY or MAY NOT need one. Depends on your sound card. I'm using a MacBook Pro and I DO need one. Now, you could go with the 558's and do the so called "foam mod" and they would sound just like the 598's. However, if you just love the brand spankin' new Cadillac look the 598's have, go for those. Last but not least, I bought the Schiit Fulla to use as an amp/dac. It hasn't arrived yet so I can't say much about it.

You are using them to their "full potential". I have a 5 year old macbook pro and my DT 880s sound no different on my Fiio E10, Gigabyte motherboard, or shitty Onkyo stereo reciever. There are no bottlenecks in audio.

i really like the look of the hd 558 the dt 990 are a bit more pricey and ugly in my opinion but if the sound quality is like 10x better than the hd 558 i will definitely get them. has anybody compare the two headphones?

and idk about the m50x im a lil skeptical  about the leather ear cups

dt990 has about the same to somewhat better quality. 

You are using them to their "full potential". I have a 5 year old macbook pro and my DT 880s sound no different on my Fiio E10, Gigabyte motherboard, or shitty Onkyo stereo reciever. There are no bottlenecks in audio.

If that's the case, they're pretty quiet...my MacBook is about how old yours is...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

If that's the case, they're pretty quiet...my MacBook is about how old yours is...

High dynamic range could be louder, everything else is fine. My point is that quality won't change, just maximum volume.

Consider second hand Q701 maybe? If you have or okay with thick hair / doing DIY / getting an amp, this is a very good headphone. 

I love my 558's.  They sound fantastic.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

High dynamic range could be louder, everything else is fine. My point is that quality won't change, just maximum volume.

Oh well I guess that's what I was trying to say at first lol. Yeah the quality is amazing as is, but they need to be a bit louder so that's why I bought an amp.

I love my 558's.  They sound fantastic.

Same. And they are by far the most comfortable cans I have ever used -- compared to my most recent phones DT770 and Fidelio L1.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |