How is this headset?

MattTheMayor

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-H1500-Headset-CA-9011128-NA/dp/B00N803EMU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1420271413&sr=8-4&keywords=headset+corsair

Cheap and it looks cool (although aesthetics don't really matter). I'm not really a big audiophile so I don't really know or care how good I'm hearing. I'm not really picky about the bass or the treble. If I can hear it enough, then it's good lol. I would also need a mic so yeah. Based on the reviews on YouTube, it had some mixed feelings. Like where it hits your tonsils or something? But they got used to it. Since nobody on LTT forums talk about the Corsair headsets, I don't really know if they're good or not lol.

Yes, I did check TekSyndicate's 50 dollar or less video. But I wanted to see if this headset was good.

Just get a HyperX Cloud.

Corsair headsets are for the most part, Logitech rebrands.

It's one of the only good "gaming" headsets. (TS even mentioned that).

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I have the non-tramp stamped model, and they're definitely decent. Amazing? No, but not bad.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just get a HyperX Cloud.

Corsair headsets are for the most part, Logitech rebrands.

It's one of the only good "gaming" headsets. (TS even mentioned that).

I agree,  those are amazingly comfortable, and actually have great sound for music listening (better with a DAC)!  

As an added benefit, they don't have a tramp stamp on them.

It should be okay, I doubt you will get an amazing pair of $70 headphones either

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

It should be okay, I doubt you will get an amazing pair of $70 headphones either

Got my HyperX Clouds for ~70.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-H1500-Headset-CA-9011128-NA/dp/B00N803EMU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1420271413&sr=8-4&keywords=headset+corsair

Cheap and it looks cool (although aesthetics don't really matter). I'm not really a big audiophile so I don't really know or care how good I'm hearing. I'm not really picky about the bass or the treble. If I can hear it enough, then it's good lol. I would also need a mic so yeah. Based on the reviews on YouTube, it had some mixed feelings. Like where it hits your tonsils or something? But they got used to it. Since nobody on LTT forums talk about the Corsair headsets, I don't really know if they're good or not lol.

Yes, I did check TekSyndicate's 50 dollar or less video. But I wanted to see if this headset was good.

My cousin bought the h2100, the "big brother" of the 1500, and it doesn't sound good whatsoever IMO.  Very tin-canny sounding to me atleast.

The ear cups are to small as well, and the cloth is kind of weird feeling on your head, not very comfortable IMO.

If you really HAVE to have a headset, get a hyper X cloud.

Edit: the earcups look bigger on the 1500, so comfort may not be an issue like with the 2100. (If you have small ears it wouldn't be an issue either way)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If you really want a headset, go get the Hyper X cloud. Logan's $50 build is really good. If you have the budget, go for the $150 build.