antivirus free recommendations

Killswitch49

I need FREE recommendations for both a mac and pc antivirus. The one for mac must be extremely light weight and i mean extremely. The lightest you know of. The one for pc can be more demanding as i have a pretty beefy pc. Currently i am using avira free on both mac and windows and im extremely satisfied on pc but not so much mac. Its too heavy for my terrible mac book pro (hopefully getting lenovo y50 soon). So ya it must be free, works with windows 8.1 and newest version of os x (whatever it is). To those few who are gonna say common sense is the best antivirus i like to download everything (had 25 viruses on my mac until today xD).

Also i am thinking of getting bitdefender total security for pc soon. What are your thoughts on that. Thx alot

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

I need FREE recommendations for both a mac and pc antivirus. The one for mac must be extremely light weight and i mean extremely. The lightest you know of. The one for pc can be more demanding as i have a pretty beefy pc. Currently i am using avira free on both mac and windows and im extremely satisfied on pc but not so much mac. Its too heavy for my terrible mac book pro (hopefully getting lenovo y50 soon). So ya it must be free, works with windows 8.1 and newest version of os x (whatever it is). To those few who are gonna say common sense is the best antivirus i like to download everything (had 25 viruses on my mac until today xD).

Also i am thinking of getting bitdefender total security for pc soon. What are your thoughts on that. Thx alot

I use Malware Bytes. It's free and does a great job.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

My votes on AVG but, I can't say anything for the mac version.

Ive had it before but im not too fond of it.

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

Avast free+malwarebytes

I already use malwarebytes on both after linus suggested it but the question i have is do you recommend avast for both, mac or pc. Also what are you're thoughts on bitdefender. Thx

I use Malware Bytes. It's free and does a great job.

I am asking about one in addition to that. I already run malwarebytes on both systems. Malwarebytes is the best in the malware category hands down.

Avast, I use it and like it.

For pc, mac or both. Also what are you're thoughts on bitdefender.

Do not download warez or install extras when installing programs you need then you will not need an anti-virus.  Simple as that.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Windows defender or microsoft security essentials

Depends on your os but i find other AV gets in the way to much Avast has alot false positives and is annoying. 

Bitdefender free

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons