Any good MMORPG?

ShuanW50

So I know world of warcraft is good, but want one that you don't have to pay monthly to play it. Any good MMORPGs?

So you don't mind initial-price games? Otherwise, like aforementioned, Guild Wars 2 is a good game. Or you could try Rift. Haven't played that personally, but I think it's 100% free now. Too lazy to check.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Guild Wars 2 is pretty good

Guild Wars 2 is indeed good, but the problem most people have with it is their approach. People try to play GW2 the same way they do with WoW. That doesn't quite work for an MMO that changes the traditional approach.

Rift isn't 100% free yet. Tera is completely free, has a different combat style from most MMOs, but retains the traditional questing mechanics.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Tera is pretty good. You should also check out the Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter, it's pretty good too

Tera.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

If you're looking for a free MMORPG I can recommend both TERA and Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter. I am playing both and like them a lot.

Guild Wars 2 is pretty good

Bad camera is bad ... still ... from what I hear and until they fix that I would not recommend that game to anyone.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The Secret World is my favourite, it's really fresh unlike most MMOs, especially the Fantasy ones that keep re-treading old paths.

Has the most skill based combat too, on account of marginal cooldowns, strategic pre-battle skill choices, and full movement while using any skill, unlike the choreographed animation-locking "ooh shiny" fests that are Tera and GW2.

And then you have missions like these all throughout the game:

So brilliant.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Posting now cause i couldn't find the name of it, but Eden Eternal is great

I've played it a lot.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Bad camera is bad ... still ... from what I hear and until they fix that I would not recommend that game to anyone.

Referring to the initial camera problems on launch? That's been fixed.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Just play League of Legends, seriously the best PC game ever /thread

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've played GW2 for over 200h and I've never had a camera problem..

dragons prophet beta ?

ill be trying it soon 

The Secret World is my favourite, it's really fresh unlike most MMOs, especially the Fantasy ones that keep re-treading old paths.

Has the most skill based combat too, on account of marginal cooldowns, strategic pre-battle skill choices, and full movement while using any skill, unlike the choreographed animation-locking "ooh shiny" fests that are Tera and GW2.

And then you have missions like these all throughout the game:

So brilliant.

I was actually super excited about that game when it came out. I heard it was going free to play sometime ago. I'll definitely check it out once it happens lol

I wanna play neverwinter, and i've been wanting to try out tera since it went f2p

Both are blocked here in korea D= Still in search of a mmo to chew up all my free time.