Installing SSD into Alienware Aurora R4 (WITHOUT SSD cage?)

My friend has a Alienware aurora and wants to install an ssd into its hotswaps, but the recommended way to do it is with an ssd cage like the ones from ICY DOCK, but where we live in Sweden they're real hard to come by. So my question as described in topic is it possible to install it without the cage using Velcro or something (don't have either the system or an ssd on hand and can therefore not test it)

Thanks

I have my SSD unsecured (ghetto). Should be fine. 

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

That's what I thought too, but as its a hot swap I was unsure, I hope to hear from someone that have the aurora. But thanks for replying!

If you want to, you can buy some velcro and do it that way, i've even seen Linus do that in his own build.

Remember, SSDs are not mechanical, which means that it doesnt need to be as secured as your HDDs.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

I prefer these to velcro, but you can put SSD's anywhere.

I'm assuming this is more or less what it looks like inside the case: http://i.imgur.com/OgQKzQ4.jpg

Should be fine to just stick an SSD into one of the bays.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

That's probably what I'll do, but I was just afraid of spacing issues

I prefer these to velcro, but you can put SSD's anywhere.

I'm assuming this is more or less what it looks like inside the case: http://i.imgur.com/OgQKzQ4.jpg

Should be fine to just stick an SSD into one of the bays.[/quote

Thanks for your fast reply!