R9 280X upgrade

Bubba200

Hay I plan on upgrading my 280x and I can't decide on a card to buy. Though I've narrowed it down to 4 options.... 1. I could get the Windforce GTX 970 2. The R9 290X. 3. get another 280X and put them in crossfire. 4. wait for the R-300 sires to come out from AMD and get one of them.

So what do y'all think because I really can't decide at all (If you have any other suggestions feel free to tell me... Thanks for the help.

If you really need to upgrade, get a second one. If you can wait, then wait and see if the R-300 series will be released soon. I would wait because tbh a 280X is still nice actually. And there are issues with crossfire in some cases and the 970 won't give a huge boost. It will be noticable, but it isn't extreme.

I would just wait, but oh well :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I've been using an 7950 for almost 2 years now and after a bit of overclocking I am still able to play games on around 60+ fps on ultra 1080p, though I'd like more performance I do not see a worthy upgrade at the moment(with my budget ofcourse). I am personally waiting for the R-300 series. For the cards you mentioned you could go for a second 280x but most people would suggest going with an powerful single gpu instead. What you have to consider now is, are the extra 10-20 (maybe 30 havent read too many benchmarks) extra fps worth the purchase. You could ofcourse always sell your current gpu, if you are able to do that I would say go with a gtx 970 because its an amazing gpu and will definitely give you a few years before you will "need" to upgrade again. 

EDIT: It also depends on what resolution your playing.