Kingston Announces HyperX Cloud II

Enlighten me why is virtual surround looked down upon?

It's unnecessary for properly recorded/created sound, as your body does surround sound with 2 ears anyway.  Most of the time, virtual surround simply interferes with the stereo imaging that is built in to the game.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Welp, just got the gen 1 headphones a week or two ago, that rather hurts but honestly, I don't need anything more then these wonderful headphone/set and Razer Surround Sound Virtual surround sound is the same all around honestly. I do really wish I could get that improved mic control button. The Cloud's only major flaw in my eyes is the really weird mute button.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to order the Cloud 2's but The price for these on amazon just went from $99.99 to $149.99. Anyone think that price is worth it for the Cloud 2?

Wow was about to pull the trigger on one of the 1st gen ones! Glad I waited. I really like that black and grey, minimalist with just enough accent color/logo.

Spectator guy?

Hm if reviewed are good I might pick it up.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Spectator guy?

Spectator guy? I didn't understand hahaha

Because most of the gaming headsets that have virtual 7.1 surround sound have bad soundcards and surround affects the sound quality in a bad way, as many people say. :)

That, and you only have two drivers/speakers in your headphones.

It surprises me that dedicated still exists. I mean, do they really skimp out much on the audio components for budget laptops/netbooks/ultrabooks (Laptop makers, dedicated motherboard makers have been doing pretty well in that regard.)?

They don't skimp, they just provide what the general consumer of the board will be using. Typical on-board Realtek sound cards won't power a higher end headphone like the Beyerdynamic DT990's properly. Then there's the whole thing about using an equalizer and not having proper volume/power while using one even in low-tier/mid-tier headphones.

Only higher end motherboards (Like Asus' ROG boards for example) will have a higher end audio solution to power higher end headphones and even make regular headphones more of a pleasure to listen to through equalizer effects.

Before someone yells at me, equalizers and what settings you should use are subjective.

This is quite sexy imo , especially that built quality for that sweet $89 price tag in my country (suck is r@z3r)

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

Virtual surround :(

that can be disabled.

Tek syndicate went to hyperx's booth at ces and talk about these. Ill try and find that video :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

that can be disabled.

Tek syndicate went to hyperx's booth at ces and talk about these. Ill try and find that video :)

I watched the video, so no need. The only problem I havr with virtual surround is that when it is implemented, the manufacturer tends to skimp on something else.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I watched the video, so no need. The only problem I havr with virtual surround is that when it is implemented, the manufacturer tends to skimp on something else.

well we shal wait and see :) 

also, FINLANDIA!

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I like the new design :) its really nice

wonder if its better than the old ones

There's literally nothing different about the design other than the red paint on the metal,unless that's what you're talking about?

There's literally nothing different about the design other than the red paint on the metal,unless that's what you're talking about?

yeah :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have the v1 and love it. Hope the v2 is even better and they don't skimp on the quality now that the HyperX Cloud has a good reputation.

Too late just notice they are not going to be using real leather for the new ones just "leatherette". 

1 Timothy 1:15

Too late just notice they are not going to be using real leather for the new ones just "leatherette".

If it's the same pads as the first one, good. These are great pads.

If it's the same pads as the first one, good. These are great pads.

That's what i'm saying not the same pads.  They look different and they use Leatherette to describe them.

1 Timothy 1:15

That's what i'm saying not the same pads.  They look different and they use Leatherette to describe them.

That's what I thought too when I first saw these - had to do a double take because these pads were so good.

I think Jay (Jayztwocents) got a pair of these for review so we'll see

My pair came in today (early from Newegg).

They're comfortable, but: sidetone doesn't work, echo cancellation doesn't work, virtual surround is more like 'expanded stereo'.  Now, it's entirely possible that I've received a bum control unit, but whatever.  I've got a chat open with support right now, and I've been waiting for a response for around 30 minutes now.

The headset is comfortable, but the earcups aren't as deep as my Sennheiser PC363D's or PC350 SE's, so I can feel my ears touching the padding inside.

I'd love to use my 350 SE's, but they're closed and it seems that nobody makes sound cards with a no-delay sidetone anymore.  Both the Soundblaster Z and ASUS Phoebus have about a 2ms delay with sidetone.

The 363D's are fine and all, but Dolby Headphone just adds too much reverb for my liking.

My pair came in today (early from Newegg).

They're comfortable, but: sidetone doesn't work, echo cancellation doesn't work, virtual surround is more like 'expanded stereo'.  Now, it's entirely possible that I've received a bum control unit, but whatever.  I've got a chat open with support right now, and I've been waiting for a response for around 30 minutes now.

The headset is comfortable, but the earcups aren't as deep as my Sennheiser PC363D's or PC350 SE's, so I can feel my ears touching the padding inside.

I'd love to use my 350 SE's, but they're closed and it seems that nobody makes sound cards with a no-delay sidetone anymore.  Both the Soundblaster Z and ASUS Phoebus have about a 2ms delay with sidetone.

The 363D's are fine and all, but Dolby Headphone just adds too much reverb for my liking.

Are they real leather?

Since this headset has a single 3.5 mm connector, if I wanted to plug it in to the audio ports in the back of my computer I would need a 4 pole 3.5 mm to dual 3 pole 3.5 mm adapter, right? Or would it be better to just use the USB connection instead of the onboard audio from an ASUS x99 PRO?

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Same headset with a surround sound type controller.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Since this headset has a single 3.5 mm connector, if I wanted to plug it in to the audio ports in the back of my computer I would need a 4 pole 3.5 mm to dual 3 pole 3.5 mm adapter, right? Or would it be better to just use the USB connection instead of the onboard audio from an ASUS x99 PRO?

Well, your motherboard probably has ALC1150 codec and its a high end board. I would recommend you to either get a adapter, or the original Clouds.

That being said, you have to decide. If you plan to use these ONLY with that motherboard, get the original Clouds. If you want to use it with a laptop, tablet, phone (espacially laptop, you can use the original clouds with mobile devices, but the sound processing units inside laptops sucks as I heard) and you would like virtual 7.1 sound,get the Cloud II.

Personally, I think I will get the second version because I will use it with my mobile devices AND I don't have a proper soundcard, nevermind a external DAC/AMP (well those are pretty sexy). So yeah, Cloud II is better suited for people without the other audio equipment and original clouds are better for people who have good onboard sound (ALC 1150) , a good soundcard or, the best of all, a external DAC/AMP.

• 2 weeks later...