Advantages of ATX over mATX

Hey guys,

Looking to buy a MoBo soon for new haswell rig. I am just struggling to see the advantage of a ATX board over a mATX.

I will be buying the best single card i can get for the money so i wont be doing any SLI or Crossfire. I will probably only be slightly overclocking the CPU. 

If i am going to be only running the single card is their any reason to get an ATX sized board?

Thanks 

Usually it's more features, slots, SATA connectors, and power phases. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

More slots and such. Not sure if this si true or not but shouldn't the msofets and such get better temps because they have more space. Dont quote me on that but usually you will have more sata ports and somer ATX bords like the z87 sabertooths are more aesthetically pleasing. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

It has 2-3 more expansion slots, which is useful for people who want to run dual graphics + a sound card.  Other than that nothing really.  Although at the very high end ATX boards simply have more room so the best of the best ATX board will have more ports and more advanced power delivery than the best of the best mATX board.

More slots and such. Not sure if this si true or not but shouldn't the msofets and such get better temps because they have more space. Dont quote me on that but usually you will have more sata ports and somer ATX bords like the z87 sabertooths are more aesthetically pleasing. 

The temperatures thing is just a comparison between ATX/mATX cases, not motherboards.

ATX boards have more features(more expansion slots, more sata slots, etc) but the main difference is whether you are going to use a M-atx case for a M-atx motherboard, because ATX cases have better airflow(usually). Although you can fit a M-atx motherboard on a atx case but it may look weird.

Hope it helped!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)