Motherboard error after replacing GPU and PS.

Noodle_dmx

Hello and happy new year!

Some days ago i replaced GPU (GTX 760) and power supply (CX600) to my friend's Acer Aspire PC.

It has an i5 3330, 8 gigs of ram, and an Acer Inc. motherboard.

Everything worked just fine since the 30th of december but today's afternoon the motherboard started making 4 error beeps.

I tried to reverse the ram modules, using only one per time, removing the battery from the motherboard but it changed nothing.

Nothing appears on screen so i tried in vain to replace the 760 with the old 630.

Maybe i've broke the mb installing the new parts? any ideas? 

Thanks in advice! :D 

As always i apologise for my bad english, I no speak americano. 

i7 930-DX58SO-8gb hyperx genesis-770 asus dcu2-seagate barracuda 500gb x3-b600 cm-kuhler 620 antec

Hey,

I would try just reseating the parts you changed and re plugging the PSU cables.

Can you get to the BIOS or let us know what motherboard model number you have? I can't tell you what BIOS type (AMI , AWARD, etc) you have as post beeps can change depending on BIOS type. 

That will give you a hint as to what the post beep may be eluding too but since you changed the two components (PSU and GPU) just reseat / re plug all of those first.

PS have you tried putting the old GPU and PSU back in to see if it psots fine ?

Regards

Ed

when i read or hear Acer i just laugh and be angry in the same time, Acer systems always always have problems with something mobo weird problems, not finding drivers or something always damn Acer i hate you please go away, i dont care that you have cheap systems just go away i dont wanna deal with you or hear about you anymore.

ps, your probably have AMI Bios you can find it by going to start-run then type dxdiag, if you have ami bios then "4 beeps Timer not operational, system board bad"

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Hey,

I would try just reseating the parts you changed and re plugging the PSU cables.

Can you get to the BIOS or let us know what motherboard model number you have? I can't tell you what BIOS type (AMI , AWARD, etc) you have as post beeps can change depending on BIOS type. 

That will give you a hint as to what the post beep may be eluding too but since you changed the two components (PSU and GPU) just reseat / re plug all of those first.

PS have you tried putting the old GPU and PSU back in to see if it psots fine ?

Regards

Ed

Already replaced the GPU. The motherboard has a AMI bios (i found this information in the user manual). The error is for the system timer but before making 4 beeps the motherboard did 3 beeps.

Tomorrow we'll try to power on the pc with my kit of ddr3 ram and surely we'll try to replug some cables of the PSU. Thanks.

i7 930-DX58SO-8gb hyperx genesis-770 asus dcu2-seagate barracuda 500gb x3-b600 cm-kuhler 620 antec

when i read or hear Acer i just laugh and be angry in the same time, Acer systems always always have problems with something mobo weird problems, not finding drivers or something always damn Acer i hate you please go away, i dont care that you have cheap systems just go away i dont wanna deal with you or hear about you anymore.

ps, your probably have AMI Bios you can find it by going to start-run then type dxdiag, if you have ami bios then "4 beeps Timer not operational, system board bad"

Should he replace the motherboard cause of the timer or i can fix it? Thanks

i would say yes since i dont know any sulution for this

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

OEM mobo dont tend to last long IMO

what you described could either be a BAD CMOS battery

try replacing the CMOS battery and see if it helps

better to waste a dollar or two than replacing the whole mobo first

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It was a screw stuck under the motherboard.

:angry:

Now everything work perfectly. Thank you all for the answers