New System - Need advice -Mainboard and DDR3 RAM

Go to solution Solved by mocfunky,

Everything looks fine, The SSD is a really good one. For the harddrive I would get a WD Black for better performance but a blue/green works too. The green works as good as a blue but it uses 40% less power by lowering its RPM when its not in use. Everything else looks good though. (I do not see which CPU you want though) And 1600Mhz is plenty fast enough for RAM, if you go higher the latency increases.

My end Build would be something like this IF I had to buy all of it right now :

Haven´t build a system for years so I am open for any suggestions you might have.

Which SSD´s and Hard Drivs should I get ?

Since I already have a Soundcard I would like the sacrifice that on board sound for something else

or to lower the cost of the Motherboard itself.

I will not upgrade to SLI and will not overclock my system because I have no clue how to do it.

As for my location.I live in germany. Use one Benq 2420 B and will buy two new one´s later on (with GSync)

I do not need a keyboard or mouse and the like. Just the Core Components.

As of why I am upgrading. My system is 4 years old and I´d like to build a new one.

Buget : Parts don´t need to be expensive just durable and fit for gaming.

Mainboard:  ASUS H97-PLUS Mainboard

CPU: Intel® Xeon® Prozessor E3-1231V3

maybe :    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S (150 x 165 x 78 mm)

GPU:  ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP! EXTREME  (should be here tomorrow)

Power Supply: Corsair CS750M 750W (should be here tomorrow) 

RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB 1600MHz

(need help with that, does it have to be faster than 1600 MHz ?)

Soundcard ASUS Xonar Essence STX  (already got it)

Case: Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming (card might not fit into my case now)

Hard Drive/SSD: Western Digital WD 1003FZEX 1 TP: SSD  Samsung 840 Evo

My Build now is 4 years old

Motherboard ASUS P5Q PRO

CPU Q9650

RAM 8 GB DDR2

GPU GTX 480 from Gainward (broken now)

Power Supply Enermax Pro 82+ (450W)

Soundcard ASUS Xonar Essence STX (new;will remain for the new build)

Case: I don´t know (will upload pictures if you want me to)

As far as SSD's and HDD's go, I recommend the MX100's as they hit a great price/performance sweet spot, and the hard-drives I recomend are WD Blue's and Seagate Barracuda 14's.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Everything looks fine, The SSD is a really good one. For the harddrive I would get a WD Black for better performance but a blue/green works too. The green works as good as a blue but it uses 40% less power by lowering its RPM when its not in use. Everything else looks good though. (I do not see which CPU you want though) And 1600Mhz is plenty fast enough for RAM, if you go higher the latency increases.

sry my bad.

CPU Intel® Xeon® Prozessor E3-1231V3 (don´t need the graphic unit in the 4790K so I figured this one would be "good" no ?

I red that the black HDD´s are made for heavy use and would be good for gaming but can be a bit loud at times.What is the downside on picking a "green" HDD - (if there is one) ?

sry my bad.

CPU Intel® Xeon® Prozessor E3-1231V3 (don´t need the graphic unit in the 4790K so I figured this one would be "good" no ?

I red that the black HDD´s are made for heavy use and would be good for gaming but can be a bit loud at times.What is the downside on picking a "green" HDD - (if there is one) ?

I believe the greens are a bit slower but more quiet if i'm not mistaken 

sry my bad.

The green performance is really close to the blues but they are not as loud since they lower their RPM when not in use. I ordered one for my friend and it works great.

is the  AMD FX-6350 a better choise than the Intel® Xeon® Prozessor E3-1231V3 ?