PC keeps rebooting after BIOS update

Sinros

GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev 4, Updated to F3i (Beta BIOS) using QFlash (I updated from F1 to F2 first).

I updated the BIOS, it said it finished, I chose reboot, and now every time I turn the pc on it just keeps restarting non-stop without getting to the BIOS screen...

Why did you update the BIOS in the first place?  Was your pc working fine before that?  If so you made a pc user mistake.  They always say if your pc is working fine for you then you don't update the BIOS.

http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/121/tech_qflash.htm

Did you use a USB Flash Drive?  If so just try it again.  If it doesn't work load up an older version onto the USB Flash Drive.  

Is the problem you have no other pc or other device where you could download the BIOS update to a USB Flash Drive?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Why did you update the BIOS in the first place?  Was your pc working fine before that?  If so you made a pc user mistake.  They always say if your pc is working fine for you then you don't update the BIOS.

Needed it F2 for CPU, Decided to go F3 like an idiot...

Make sure you remove anything it could be trying to boot off of like a usb drive or a cd.

Woo!

You might want to try reinstalling the new BIOS - it looks like it didn't flash correctly.

Sig under construction.

Either try to re-flash the BIOS chip or remove the CMOS battery for a few seconds with power removed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Make sure you remove anything it could be trying to boot off of like a usb drive or a cd.

Only things hooked are a PSU, CPU, RAM, Coolers & GPU

How can I re-flash it? I can't even get to the POST screen...

How can I re-flash it? I can't even get to the POST screen...

First, did you try removing the CMOS battery like I suggested? In addition, does your motherboard have a Q-flash button?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

First, did you try removing the CMOS battery like I suggested? In addition, does your motherboard have a Q-flash button?

Yes battery, no QFlash button

Yes battery, no QFlash button

Your motherboard has a Dual BIOS. Look for the switch to change to the other one. Your manual should explain how to use that feature.

Your motherboard has a Dual BIOS. Look for the switch to change to the other one. Your manual should explain how to use that feature.

My son has the same board and honestly I don't know how to use the dual BIOS feature or if I did it I did it without knowing.  I am going to go check that pc right now. Anyway I guess me and the OP have some reading to do. LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It hasn't a dual bios, Dual-BIOS is the name of the bios used by Gigabyte.

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

It hasn't a dual bios, Dual-BIOS is the name of the bios used by Gigabyte.

http://www.gigabyte.us/microsite/55/tech_081226_dualbios.htm

Either way, it's an automatic process according to the page. No physical switch.

GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev 4, Updated to F3i (Beta BIOS) using QFlash (I updated from F1 to F2 first).

I updated the BIOS, it said it finished, I chose reboot, and now every time I turn the pc on it just keeps restarting non-stop without getting to the BIOS screen...

Since you do not have a dual bios, you're pretty much screwed.

Try to Clear the CMOS:

Posted Image

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Since you do not have a dual bios, you're pretty much screwed.

Try to Clear the CMOS

According to the OP, they already did that by removing the CMOS battery.

According to the OP, they already did that by removing the CMOS battery.

Just to be sure, maybe the cmos didn't wipe off completely

-Linus

For some reason, the Main BIOS, upon being revived, gained the ability to stop the bullets.

Well, I shorted the clear CMOS, and now instead of continiously restarting it simply restarts once and then shuts down....

Well, I shorted the clear CMOS, and now instead of continiously restarting it simply restarts once and then shuts down....

So it doesn't output anything to the screen? Try mashing the button to enter the bios, just to be sure

-Linus

So it doesn't output anything to the screen? Try mashing the button to enter the bios, just to be sure

Nothing, Keyboard doesn't turn on (ps2 keyboard doesn't as well)

Nothing, Keyboard doesn't turn on (ps2 keyboard doesn't as well)

does gigabyte offer a service for boards with broken bioses?

-Linus