GTX 980 STRIX Temp

Hotdogs&bbqsauce

the idle temps are in the mid 40s to about 50.      im not sure if this is supposed to be that high

i havent touched the manaul overlock and with a load, using unigen heaven benchmark, it reaches 75 degrees. 

my case is corsair 750D with i5 3960k on a noctua NH d15

my case only has one fan on the back, two in the front. 

im guessing ambient temperature has something to do with it? as i am in Australia and it is quite hot outside, but im inside where it is relatively cool.   plus im not sure if the temps are due to the fan being off at idle. 

any suggestion will be nice, thanks

Its normal for them, don't forget that with the fan off the heat has to dissipate through convection, instead of having the fans actively removing the heat..

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i saw though, on some review websites, they said their idle temps were about 30 even sub 30. thats why i was a bit concerned. thanks alot though

That is due to the fact they tested at room temp.  It's winter, well in most places.  I don't know where you live, but perhaps with your PC running all day it has been heating your room + your furnace.  

30c with fans off at idle that's probably impossible.

If you want your temps at idle and load to be lower just use MSI Afterburner or ASUS's own GPU Tweak and set a custom fan curve.

That way you can have fans spinning at idle too.

CPU - i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz / 1.25v     Motherboard - Asus Maximus VI Formula     RAM - 16GB (2x8) Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866Mhz

GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 980 Strix SLI (+150 Core / +500 Memory)     Case - Corsair 750D     Storage - 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 2TB WD Black     PSU - Corsair AX1200i

Display - Asus VG278HE     Cooling - Corsair H100i     Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K95     Mouse - Razer DeathAdder 2013     Sound - Onboard     OS - Windows 10 Pro x64